Traffic alerts

Yes and No, when using AA for Google maps and listening to the radio, the cancel screen for alerts doesn't display if you press home, it's not there, the only way I've been able to get it to show is to pause the radio and then play again! Bit of a faf not to hear there's a lane closure on the M6 (when isn't there) but by the time you get back to the radio station the song or whatever has finished.

If you go to the radio section and select the little cog gear for settings, you can access the alerts from there.
I don't want to turn them off altogether just cancel the ones that don't apply to my journey 😁

I don't want to turn them off altogether just cancel the ones that don't apply to my journey 😁
The only way to do that is to turn them off completely for the duration of your trip.
If you set a route, AA's satnav will automatically route you around anything that would affect you.

Its a free app and works with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It's a SatNav with live traffic rerouting but also users can upload live information such as traffic delays, accidents, bad potholes, police (inc. mobile speed vans), roadworks, vehicles stranded on the hard shoulder, etc, etc .... I think its a subsidiary company of Google.

Waze Reports.jpg

Last edited:
Its a free app and works with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It's a SatNav with live traffic rerouting but also users can upload live information such as traffic delays, accidents, bad potholes, police (inc. mobile speed vans), roadworks, vehicles stranded on the hard shoulder, etc, etc .... I think its a subsidiary company of Google.

View attachment 20254
Does it show charging locations on route?

Yes charging locations are shown .
I was an early adopter of waze and it was great . Unfortunately, so many people have it now that it's not as effective at finding alternative routes as it once was as It guides every other driver onto the same alternative routes often only saving a couple of minutes .
In fact I've found that I'm often better off staying on my original route and letting the blockage clear. While everyone else takes the alternative which then get blocked itself!

I was a bit hazy about why AA was showing me alternatives that were longer than the designated route, but someone else said he often took these to have a quiet drive on a scenic route.

I was a bit hazy about why AA was showing me alternatives that were longer than the designated route, but someone else said he often took these to have a quiet drive on a scenic route.
I wonder if they will come up with a "Avoid 20 mph route's" for the Welsh 🤣

Probably google are A/B testing routes and you're an unwitting test subject :)

I did have an occasion where AA sent me on a slightly different route through Carluke, marking my usual one as "5 minutes longer". I would have said the two routes were about even stevens, the one I usually take maybe a minute shorter. I decided AA probably knew something I didn't and took the alternative!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back