Transit Mode - *resolved*

Chris118

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hey Guys,

I was collecting my MG4 SE yesterday. I must say it is a brilliant car for me and totally meets my needs and expectations. 😀

I have, however encountered a little surprise when the car switched itself into "transit mode". Quite unspectacular so far. A permanent greenish box across the top of the main display informing me about it.

The only function this transit mode seems to have is to disable the electronic door lock as well as the key fob.

Managed to lock the car via app tonight.

Somehow I reckon this transit mode can be turned off quite easily. If I only knew how.... Since there are other MG's on the marked for a while now. Is there anybody with some deeper MG experience 😀

Any help would be much appreciated

Chris

I had similar thoughts. All was good for two days before the transit mode appeared. I can drive, but I am not sure if there are systems dormant which shouldn't for normal road use.

I had similar thoughts. All was good for two days before the transit mode appeared. I can drive, but I am not sure if there are systems dormant which shouldn't for normal road use.
Issue has been resolved. I would guess this can happen to others as well.

Here's how to resolve it:

• Activate the left indicator
  • Press the break pedal 3 times in quick succession

This works both ways. Activation and deactivation.

Chris

My first thought would be try the same thing with the right indicator :). Who’s going to volunteer?

Flash backs to cheat codes on Games Master.
my vision is of the biggest and most expensive brick I would ever have created (there's been a few) :)

Though I inadvertently managed to activate the transit mode, I have to admit I needed some help from another forum to "find" the solution. I was actually a bit dismayed to run into an issue during the weekend with no way to receive an reply from my dealer 😉

Still happy with the car 😁

Transit mode is common on most modern cars but the means of switching it on or off is not always in the public domain.

This explains a lot. Just been to the dealers to deliver some needed paperwork, we took the opportunity to have a quick look at the car before its PDI . Unfortunately it was powered down but after a once over we walked away with the dealer. A mechanic arrived sat in the drivers seat and all we could hear was boof, boof, boof, the dealer seeing our confusion said he,s just resetting it? We thought what by kicking it, well it used to work with a Metro!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back