fishingfalcon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi I will be twking my long range ZR EV to france in the summer. No major worries getting to holiday location as most of the way main roads with charging points. However holiday place very remote so need to know if a europlug converter plugged into a standard french domestic ug thrn attached to an extrension lead and then finakky attached to car via UK 3 pin charger will work. Anyone done this and if so what sort of charge rwte did you get? Thanks

Hi I will be twking my long range ZR EV to france in the summer. No major worries getting to holiday location as most of the way main roads with charging points. However holiday place very remote so need to know if a europlug converter plugged into a standard french domestic ug thrn attached to an extrension lead and then finakky attached to car via UK 3 pin charger will work. Anyone done this and if so what sort of charge rwte did you get? Thanks
That sounds a bit flaky if that’s a typical cheap adapter you mean. You can get a schuko plug with a lead to a three pin socket. Try a camping or caravaning place. That would probably better. Otherwise, most French towns and large villages have type 2 chargepoints you could use while out and about. Something like a Shell Recharge card would be good to have.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom