Trip data reset

Gordon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
What causes a trip data reset? I understood it reset every time the car was started but mine often does not reset when the car has been left for an hour or so. It does reset if left overnight. I know I can reset it myself using the button.

I think you can scroll through options "Since Start", "Since last Charge" etc. when you select the trip data display using the up and down movement on the right hand toggle. On "Since startup" I reckon it lasts about an hour (of car stopped and locked) as above on my car before resetting to zero.

I think it goes through the softwares randomised algorithm where things happens for no apparent logical reason 😂

Ah, the good old SRA. That'll be what keeps giving me an emergency call error message in areas of known good mobile data system signals.

I think the Accumulated Total resets when the trip timer reaches 100 hours, as it can't show 100:00 but rather a maximum of 99:59

The From Start resets after the car has been locked for a certain period - maybe 2 hours.

The From Last Charge resets when you charge the car. e.g. if you DC rapid charge this counter should reset but the From Start should still remain as it was.

In my case the "From last charge" is temperamental, even though after the SW update. So I can produce statistics like this:
20231216_181659.jpg

Don't forget, it is an Excite 51 (SE SR)...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back