I have had countless people tell me spontaneously how much they like the colour.

It was the first colour of MG4 I saw locally, and the first I had been able to see close up.
I really liked it.
I had a chat with the lady that owned it.

She was enamoured with it.

That was the middle of last year and was the car that sparked my interest in the MG brand.

I still see her around the village and we have a dynamic red car that's appeared recently.

Wow! Just come back from first drive. That slowing effect when you as much as raise your foot on the accelerator by a few mm is so odd. I drive an automatic normally, so no issues having no clutch but I may need to check the brake regen setting. It was exciting though and I'm looking forward to a longer trip. Particularly liked the windscreen demist as three of us fogged the glass pretty quickly.

You will get used to it pretty quickly.

It is adjustable to suit your prefered driving style if required.

It was the first colour of MG4 I saw locally, and the first I had been able to see close up.
I really liked it.
I had a chat with the lady that owned it.

She was enamoured with it.

That was the middle of last year and was the car that sparked my interest in the MG brand.

I still see her around the village and we have a dynamic red car that's appeared recently.

I told the dealer that was the colour I wanted, and I was prepared to wait for one. After he realised he wasn't going to be able to sell me a Trophy or an LR, he fessed up to having a blue SE SR out the back just waiting to be prepped for delivery. Result!

Wow! Just come back from first drive. That slowing effect when you as much as raise your foot on the accelerator by a few mm is so odd. I drive an automatic normally, so no issues having no clutch but I may need to check the brake regen setting. It was exciting though and I'm looking forward to a longer trip. Particularly liked the windscreen demist as three of us fogged the glass pretty quickly.
Regen always seems weird the first time you encounter it, especially if you're used to a normal automatic, but you soon get used to it.

Just wait until you have an occasion where you've charged to 100%, start driving, lift off and then think "Woah! Where's my regen gone?!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;)

You can moderate the amount of regen by the amount of pressure on the accelerator pedal.

Hi All. I'm finding my way around the MG controls and really enjoying the driving experience. I'm in the process of setting up the Ohme Home Pro with Octopus IO but have had to ask Octopus for help as I'm a Co-op Energy customer and that prevents the usual app transfer to IO.

Charge is still over 75% so no great urgency needed I'm just impatient to finish the job!

Yeah. Someone on the Ohme/Octopus Integration Facebook page posted about it yesterday as well. I did search on here too.

Finally sorted the tariff today. Followed all the instructions on the Youtube video and all seems fine. Just one question to those who use a Ohme Home Pro with their MG4. Do you set an overall target charge, ie 80% or do you set the amount you want to charge by? Eg if I'm on 45% and want to get to 80% should I set for 35%?

You set for the shortfall only it seems. I had 45% and asked for 80% and got 100%. I'll know for next time. First 'chargitis' you might call it.

Did my first long trip yesterday. Very impressed. Charged to 100% night before (Ohme/Octopus Int Go all fine) and headed off on 180 mile round trip. No real need for AirCon, lights or wipers and at the end had managed 3.6mi/kWh. Between 65 - 75 mostly motorway, so well pleased. The ExRange had 100 miles (37%) of its range/charge left.

Last edited by a moderator:
We decided to remove the rear centre head restraint today. It makes visibility so much better. Anyone else done this? Still enjoying the car. Funnily enough, another smurf has appeared at a house round the corner.

That's been mentioned before. Someone even stores it in the cubby hole in the back of the centre console. (The 2 prongs fit quite nicely, apparently). :)

Our Trophy ER is being delivered Monday, 26th. We're really looking forward to it and are a little nervous about suddenly finding ourselves DeLorean-like in the 21st century.

It's an Knowles Fleet NHS lease car for my wife, whose 2000 Mercedes A160 is falling apart. It was ordered mid-September and our Ohme HomePro was installed in December ready for the first projected delivery date.

I'll be trying to keep my 25 year old Saab 9-5 Griffin going for the time being.
We got my Wife's home. Searched MG4 tips & tricks on YouTube & found a guy (Red MG4) with bite size videos on how to operate everything.
It saved us days ! And I recommend it. Enjoy your new car.

Last edited by a moderator:
We decided to remove the rear centre head restraint today. It makes visibility so much better. Anyone else done this? Still enjoying the car. Funnily enough, another smurf has appeared at a house round the corner.
Yeah, Mrs S wanted to get rid of it on day 1.

Me, I wouldn't be bothered because most of the vehicles I have driven don't have a rear window.

Did first public charge on Sunday. As wife's mum lives in sheltered flats we needed a public charger close by. The Greene King pub across the road has a RAW charger so we checked out another GK pub near us and did a quick charge. Tap-in and tap-out with Electroverse card. Really simple.

Just be careful regarding any parking restrictions. (Many pubs are starting to engage private parking companies).

Yes - it was the second thing I did - after turning OFF the Lane Assist !!! :-0

Our Trophy ER is being delivered Monday, 26th. We're really looking forward to it and are a little nervous about suddenly finding ourselves DeLorean-like in the 21st century.

It's an Knowles Fleet NHS lease car for my wife, whose 2000 Mercedes A160 is falling apart. It was ordered mid-September and our Ohme HomePro was installed in December ready for the first projected delivery date.

I'll be trying to keep my 25 year old Saab 9-5 Griffin going for the time being.
Beautiful colour (I think) heres my Wifes. If she hadnt picked Holburn Blue last November I would have had that colour in December when I got an x power. Mrs beat me too it & I thought 2 cars the same colour would look daft, so went with white.

Attachments

• IMG_7482.jpeg
    IMG_7482.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member