Trophy interior leather?

timbertoon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,

I've got a Trophy on order and I'm pretty excited as I've not had a new car for years and joining the EV world is pretty awesome. Anyway I digress, does anyone know if the leather described is real leather or fake? Never really found the answer online until I recently read "Leather type" interior described on one of the MG dealerships but now I read leather interior on recent news.

Thanks

Tim B

All the eco protestors want us to stop using oil right now so instead of using an all natural, renewable seat material (real leather), we use a petroleum based plastic material made from oil :unsure:
No issue with using oil to make products, or for lubrication, that's just fine and sensible. It's burning the stuff that's stupid and got to stop.

How does the Chinese building ever more coal fuelled power stations to build eco electric vehicles fit with that?

How does the Chinese building ever more coal fuelled power stations to build eco electric vehicles fit with that?
Because they aren't, well not specifically to build EV's, and they are pioneering renewables more than the rest of the world. The fossil stuff is a necessary evil to support a huge population until renewables are built out.

Anyway, what sort of argument is that, would you prefer they continue to build ICE instead, so everything could be even worse?

All the eco protestors want us to stop using oil right now so instead of using an all natural, renewable seat material (real leather), we use a petroleum based plastic material made from oil :unsure:
I always use a real sheepskin seat cover on my driving seat; something I picked up in aviation. Always warm in winter and cool in summer. They protect the actual seat material and seemingly last forever.

Hi,

I've got a Trophy on order and I'm pretty excited as I've not had a new car for years and joining the EV world is pretty awesome. Anyway I digress, does anyone know if the leather described is real leather or fake? Never really found the answer online until I recently read "Leather type" interior described on one of the MG dealerships but now I read leather interior on recent news.

Thanks

Tim B
I always use a real sheepskin seat cover on my driving seat; something I picked up in aviation. Always warm in winter and cool in summer. They protect the actual seat material and seemingly last forever.
I would call it plastic. Not very good plastic, my trophy was delivered mid January 22 and the drivers seat is already breaking down. See image. My dealer is making a warranty claim with MG for me, but they aren’t hopeful. I’m pretty disgusted with the quality. My last car a VW Passat didn’t have a mark on the real leather seat after 7 years.

Attachments

• 1A334660-3B9B-4361-9781-B8D0EEBC02C7.jpeg
    1A334660-3B9B-4361-9781-B8D0EEBC02C7.jpeg
    643.7 KB · Views: 211
I would call it plastic. Not very good plastic, my trophy was delivered mid January 22 and the drivers seat is already breaking down. See image. My dealer is making a warranty claim with MG for me, but they aren’t hopeful. I’m pretty disgusted with the quality. My last car a VW Passat didn’t have a mark on the real leather seat after 7 years.
Why are they not hopeful. Seems a straight forward failure.

Can you share mileage ?👴

I think it’s commercially defined as ‘PU Leather’
shame really as my previous car had Connolly Leather seats and they were lovely

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video