Trophy Lot at reduced price £30 000, available for delivery !!! Cancelled orders bouncing back to market

dido

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR

This has just been released. Quite a good bargain if you are after a trophy.
They are pre registered! Says delivery mileage....
Are these rejects ?
🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230401-194743.png
    Screenshot_20230401-194743.png
    467.8 KB · Views: 145
There sure has been a recent shipload that landed at the docks. I can't imagine people are still waiting for deliveries anymore. If so then the local MG logistics is completey messed us to offer a lot for a 2 grand discount while reservations are still not met...!

That's a great price for a trophy, while a lot of the extras are OK with the trophy model, some of them are really nice to have, especially the heated steering wheel and cameras.

If you can afford the few K extra over the SE model, I'd recommend this option.

The only downside if that you'll be the 2nd owner on the log book, so it will be worth a little less when you come to sell it.

EDIT: I don't think these are rejects, more likely cancellations.

Not that great a deal unless you are sorting out your own finance/buying it outright APR is 10.9% so £4000 deposit over 4 years is £419 a month for £30k car nearly £9k of interest payments.
Much better cars available for that money as has been discussed already

Not that great a deal unless you are sorting out your own finance/buying it outright APR is 10.9% so £4000 deposit over 4 years is £419 a month for £30k car nearly £9k of interest payments.
Much better cars available for that money as has been discussed already
In my experience most of the time it's better to sort out your own finance unless the dealership is running some sort of deal.

New Car Discount is part of a larger finance company, Auto Union Finance Ltd.
I've seen somewhere that they order cars off manufacturers as a fleet order and then pass the discount onto private customers. It's a grey area as to whether the manufacturers are happy with them doing this or not.

I bought my zs ev through them (New car discount, as have many others) and found them excellent. Car was delivered in perfect condition with mats and 2 charging cables, fully charged on a trailer to the house. They also delivered just about on time (5 month estimated) whilst others waited almost a year (or over). From my experience I would recommend.

I bought my zs ev through them (New car discount, as have many others) and found them excellent. Car was delivered in perfect condition with mats and 2 charging cables, fully charged on a trailer to the house. They also delivered just about on time (5 month estimated) whilst others waited almost a year (or over). From my experience I would recommend.
Not doubting the service but their finance figures are atrocious, great if you sort your own out, then you get the benefit of the discount

That's a great price for a trophy, while a lot of the extras are OK with the trophy model, some of them are really nice to have, especially the heated steering wheel and cameras.

If you can afford the few K extra over the SE model, I'd recommend this option.

The only downside if that you'll be the 2nd owner on the log book, so it will be worth a little less when you come to sell it.

EDIT: I don't think these are rejects, more likely cancellations.
I agree, toad

Completely stupid misleading headline.

“Rejected” cars with zero miles…..use some sense
They could be rejects, in the sense that we almost rejected ours because they devalued our car when we went to collect!
I’m still annoyed about it! A deal is a deal! ( but I’m not bitter 😁)

New Car Discount is part of a larger finance company, Auto Union Finance Ltd.
I've seen somewhere that they order cars off manufacturers as a fleet order and then pass the discount onto private customers. It's a grey area as to whether the manufacturers are happy with them doing this or not.
I have used them 10 years ago. It works but its a bit of a con game. I got a pretty good discount on a Juke in 2012.

What they do is buy it as a fleet car registered to a company. So they negotiate money off from mfr as a fleet car.

They then sell the vehicle on to you.

The catch is you are the second owner. Even tho they swear blind to the contrary it takes around 3-4 months for you to get the log book with your name on it. This can create insurance issues as its not registered to you for a time.

I would use them again but its not really 100% kosher

I have used them 10 years ago. It works but its a bit of a con game. I got a pretty good discount on a Juke in 2012.

What they do is buy it as a fleet car registered to a company. So they negotiate money off from mfr as a fleet car.

They then sell the vehicle on to you.

The catch is you are the second owner. Even tho they swear blind to the contrary it takes around 3-4 months for you to get the log book with your name on it. This can create insurance issues as its not registered to you for a time.

I would use them again but its not really 100% kosher
No, That is wrong. I am the first owner. i did check that I would be prior to ordering car, and have not heard any other owners ordering through them that have had this issue.

On the one hand the advertised as being pre registered.Which would normally mean delivery mileage.And the buyer would be the second owner .
On the other hand they say the price includes the first reg fee suggesting that the buyer would be the first owner .
Which is it?

On the one hand the advertised as being pre registered.Which would normally mean delivery mileage.And the buyer would be the second owner .
On the other hand they say the price includes the first reg fee suggesting that the buyer would be the first owner .
Which is it?
Please see my reply above, if in doubt, give them a call

Took delivery from these of a red Trophy on Friday. I'm first owner and called to check that would be the case.

Overall happy with the service. As per the above poster and their ZS, came with mats and both charging cables.

I paid about £1000 more than this though ordering a month ago! 🤦‍♂️

No, That is wrong. I am the first owner. i did check that I would be prior to ordering car, and have not heard any other owners ordering through them that have had this issue.
I am quoting from my experience in 2012 which was EXACTLY the case. Second owner on the V5. Perhaps their modus operandi has changed.

Also they were not as big as they appeared to be online, as I collected from their main office in Warrington which was a smallish office building

Took delivery from these of a red Trophy on Friday. I'm first owner and called to check that would be the case.

Overall happy with the service. As per the above poster and their ZS, came with mats and both charging cables.

I paid about £1000 more than this though ordering a month ago! 🤦‍♂️
Please confirm this when you receive your logbook. Mine took 4 months and was second owner with the first being a dummy rental company.

Im not saying I wouldn’t use them again- but i was lied to when I directly asked them if they would hold on to the V5.

If you want the proof here is the original stuff i posted on the Juke forums

buying from an on line discounter

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video