STG

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi,

I have noticed that if I am stationary in a side road and then pull out quite sharply to get into a gap in the oncoming traffic, the back end of my Trophy seems to skip sidewards slightly, ie as if the rears wheels jumped sidewards slightly a few times..

At first I thought one of the rear wheels is slightly loose but they are done up tight.

I wondered if it was the traction control is doing something? maybe too much power pulling away whilst doing a 90deg turn. (It's fine when pulling away sharply in a straight line etc)

Any ideas anyone.

Standard factory tyres?, roads a bit damp or greasy? EV with lots of torque plus sharp acceleration, then yes, the back end may skip a bit.

I remember the first time I drove a rear wheel drive car (my friend's Morris Ital) compared with my front wheel drive car, and I fishtailed away from a junction in the wet quite unintentionly. I'm glad to say the MG4 is so much more predictable than an early 80s version of a Morris Marina. Obviously cars have moved on considerably since then!

...........I wondered if it was the traction control is doing something? maybe too much power pulling away whilst doing a 90deg turn........
Any ideas anyone.
Nail on head 😁👍... plus the rear wheel drive and rear motor of course !!

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel