Trophy?

MrBirdie71

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,

Thinking of leasing an EHS, but has discovered that there are two different versions (both "Luxary" though): One with "Trophy" printed at the headrests, and one with no print. The dealers (have called a bunch of them) don't know the difference between those, one dealer saying that all cars are marked with "Trophy", all the other ones saying that they have never seen a car with "Trophy"...

Some links, in swedish, but I guess you can check the pictures anyway:

MG EHS Luxury Plug In Hybrid/ Adaptiv Farthållare / Panorama säljes i Linköping - Blocket (picture 5)
MG EHS Plug-in Hybrid (Luxury) *Privatleasingkampanj säljes i Halmstad - Blocket (picture 17)

Anyonw here knowing the difference, if any?

/MrBirdie71

Last edited:
I think there is a Trophy version of the HS in China and they simply pust those seats on some eHS, probably because the regular ones was out of stock.

Hi there I do have an HS, its the luxury version, couldn't translate everything from the links you posted, but it may be a typo or wrong pictures that they put up?
I thought on main land Europe we had a choice of "comfort" or " luxury"?
different alloys, different seat material and front seat type, panoramic sun roof etc
Have you checked the MG UE website? might be clearer???

I've had the car a little while, any problems that I've had have been minor and to be honest mostly sorted out Via this forum

To me they look both the same, no idea why one has trophy.
I did notice the one link the car has alloys the same as the "comfort edition" and the other the alloy from the "luxury"
Could the site have got pictures mixed up?

According to the dealers the pictures are from their car shops. Both links are to Luxury, not Comfort.

The only difference is the word Trophy - as far as I know. And that is the question - ARE there any differences?

I would ask them if that's true and if not then they knock off a huge discount for lying, sounds fair?
when you look closely at the cars you can see the exterior is silver, but when you look the the interior pictures you can clearly the car with the "trophy" headrest is painted red, plus that car has the "comfort" 17inch alloys on it, best way to find out is to go there and see the car, only way to be certain.
Be interesting to know the outcome of this.

when you look closely at the cars you can see the exterior is silver, but when you look the the interior pictures you can clearly the car with the "trophy" headrest is painted red, plus that car has the "comfort" 17inch alloys on it, best way to find out is to go there and see the car, only way to be certain.
Be interesting to know the outcome of this.
The first picture seems to be from some "official" site or something, the other pictures should be from the actual car, in the shop. I have talked to this dealer, he says that all their cars have the word "Trophy" at the headrest.

That's interesting, seems strange that the rest of the EU cars don't have that or do they?
has anyone else got "trophy" on the headsets?
The nearest dealer only sold "luxury" models, well only had "Luxury" in stock, did say if we wanted "comfort" then they would have to order and we all know how long that takes, a cleaver way for them to get a little more money?
But I can recommend the car

I think there is a Trophy version of the HS in China and they simply pust those seats on some eHS, probably because the regular ones was out of stock.
So far, when I google, this is the only thing I have found also. Trophy seems to be the same as Luxary, but in China. Still, it is strange that no one seems to know anything about this.

Well, that probably explains it, as mine is 3 months old now. All the ones i looked at until buying (a lot 😉) had it. From the pics i see no diff from mine on Any of Them, other than the print.

Nå, det forklarer det nok, da min er 3 måneder gammel nu. Alle dem, jeg kiggede på, indtil jeg købte (en masse 😉) havde det. Fra billederne ser jeg ingen forskel fra min på nogen af dem, bortset fra printet.
No, spec. should be exactely same.

Hi,

Thinking of leasing an EHS, but has discovered that there are two different versions (both "Luxary" though): One with "Trophy" printed at the headrests, and one with no print. The dealers (have called a bunch of them) don't know the difference between those, one dealer saying that all cars are marked with "Trophy", all the other ones saying that they have never seen a car with "Trophy"...

Some links, in swedish, but I guess you can check the pictures anyway:

MG EHS Luxury Plug In Hybrid/ Adaptiv Farthållare / Panorama säljes i Linköping - Blocket (picture 5)
MG EHS Plug-in Hybrid (Luxury) *Privatleasingkampanj säljes i Halmstad - Blocket (picture 17)

Anyonw here knowing the difference, if any?

/MrBirdie71
There is test reviews on the Internet, there is a third model the Trophy Connect which has the MG iSmart app and other connections to your phone etc. See iSmart on YouTube or download it and see.
Hope this helps
Tom

Hi all,

Here's what I think I know about the "Trophy" thing.

This relates to the racing heritage of the MG company. The MG Trophy Championship still exists.

I was told by my dealer that the Trophy on headrests is completely random and you either get lucky or not.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom