Turn off lane assist?

It can't be turned off permanently, only each time you wish to drive. Press the Car icon, select the MG Pilot tab (if not default selected), scroll down if necessary and turn LKA off. Make sure the car is in the READY state first else it won't work - you'll know it's worked because you'll get a Confirm message when turning it off.

Last edited:
Maggie! I love it!

This is discussed in numerous threads on the forum, so much so that I hesistate to link you to any particular thread. Some people think it's OK and even find it useful, others hated it but believe it was improved in their cars after a software update, and still others (including me) think it is the spawn of Satan and turn it off routinely every time they get in the car.

See what @siteguru said about pressing the brake first to get the car in "Ready" before you turn it off, because if you don't, it tricks you into thinking it's off then sneakily turns back on again. The way you know it's off is that the LKA icon in the top left of the driver's screen is yellow/orange. If you see that icon white the system is active and you need to go in and deactivate it again. If you get that "Are you sure?" message and confirm yes, then it's usually off.

In some Trophies it will turn itself back on again if the central screen flips between light and dark modes, but the SE doesn't do that.

ETA: Here's a thread you might find interesting.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back