MG4 2024

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Can anyone confirm if the trophy long range model comes with a two tone roof as standard or is this exclusive to the trophy extended range spec ?

Interesting - I was wondering this having just purchased my Trophy Long Range. Came with the body coloured roof. I can only assume that the black roof is only available for the extended range vehicle now, or is an extra cost option for the long range vehicle.

Interesting - I was wondering this having just purchased my Trophy Long Range. Came with the body coloured roof. I can only assume that the black roof is only available for the extended range vehicle now, or is an extra cost option for the long range vehicle.
Only now on the ER and XPower I think. Phase 1 cars (MY 2022) had it on the Trophy spec. Phase 2 cars (MY2023) it changed.

Phase 2 cars have a third middle headrest in the back and a rear windscreen wiper.

I was expecting our Trophy LR to come with a black roof but it didn't.

A July 23 registration.
You almost certainly have a Phase 2 car (MY2023).

My white March 23 Trophy LR came with a black roof
Yours will be Phase 1, like mine.

Only now on the ER and XPower I think. Phase 1 cars (MY 2022) had it on the Trophy spec. Phase 2 cars (MY2023) it changed.

Phase 2 cars have a third middle headrest in the back and a rear windscreen wiper.
My vehicle is a 73plate from stock, so a 2023 manufacture. Has the headrest and rear wiper, with body coloured roof, so a Phase 2 car.
Thank you for the clarification.

Any one have any idea how much a wrap may be to change the body coloured roof to black?
Shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred pounds but make sure it's a good quality vinyl, if you were a bit nearer me in Harrogate I'd have done it for you.... Considering doing my all black SE SR with a silver roof to tie in with the wheels etc

Shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred pounds but make sure it's a good quality vinyl, if you were a bit nearer me in Harrogate I'd have done it for you.... Considering doing my all black SE SR with a silver roof to tie in with the wheels etc
That’s not too bad….. How do you determine whether it is quality or not?

That’s not too bad….. How do you determine whether it is quality or not?
Well that's what I'd do it for and Its not a hard one to do.
Some companies try to get away with using standard sign vinyls which are fine on flat surfaces but with the roof being quite curvy there will be a lot of stretching and heating involved so that would fail, it needs to be a true wrapping film, there are plenty on the market but I'd use an Avery Supreme vinyl or a 3M. A decent graphics company should use the right gear.
I'm happy to offer advice to anyone who's looking into this in the future

How much protection from chips and scrapes do you get from a wrap?

A saw a video of someone wrapping an old Golf that had some rust and was a bit beat up in places. They did address the bodywork issues before doing it, it wasn't just paint over rust, but the result seemed massively better than paint over rust would have been.

How much protection from chips and scrapes do you get from a wrap?

A saw a video of someone wrapping an old Golf that had some rust and was a bit beat up in places. They did address the bodywork issues before doing it, it wasn't just paint over rust, but the result seemed massively better than paint over rust would have been.
Wraps do give protection but at the end of the day it's only plastic so will chip still, esp in winter when is more brittle but it's better to chip the wrap than the paint.
But saying that in theory if you were to wrap a brand new car and drove it for 3 years then remove it the paint is as good as the day you put it on, no weathering, UV exposure etc.

But saying that in theory if you were to wrap a brand new car and drove it for 3 years then remove it the paint is as good as the day you put it on, no weathering, UV exposure etc.

That was what I was wondering. People don't seem to do it, but it's definitely a thought.

That was what I was wondering. People don't seem to do it, but it's definitely a thought.
It's more high value cars that seem to have it done, we do a lot of work for a big football club near to us and so many of the players have wraps on their G-Wagons and Lambo's (we don't wrap them) which is mainly for vanity purposes but once they've done with them they'll probably be stripped off and it's brand new again !!.... Not seen one of them in an MG4 yet tho 😁

I have, on YouTube. The guy who swam his MG4 through the Buttsbury wash last October when it was only five weeks old had a wrap on the car. Probably not a full wrap - the car is black, but he had it wrapped blue on the left side and red on the right. It had his company name, phone number and so on on the side, so he was readily identifiable.

I'm told that the car is fine, survived its swimming trip without damage, but the owner has removed the wrap, probably out of sheer embarrassment.

I used to get my wheels powder coated a new colour every 2 years on my ice to just freshen things up and considered having the whole car wrapped every 3 or so for the possible protection and just feeling like it was a new car. It was only the fact that my Mazda's soul red paint looks quite sexy when I actually clean it and there's a rare ray of Manchester sunshine hitting it that stopped me. I'd definitely consider it if I owned my mg4 though as the standard paint is so flat!

How much does it cost, anyway? Someone at my work had a small car wrapped green with a frog on the side which was rather cute, but I never enquired any more about it. I'm not even sure I know whose car it was.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back