Type C USB ZS EV Trophy

Douglas

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone know why the type C USB on the ZS EV Trophy won't connect to android auto as in the manual it says that both USB in center consul are chargers and data transfer enabled

I believe the usb C is only for charging, connection to info unit is the standard usb

Interesting. Manual states both usbs can be used for data connection. But then picture in the manual shows charging symbol next to USB C and phone/laptop symbol next to the other one. Same as in actual car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615-221758_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615-221758_MG iSMART.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230615-221812_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615-221812_MG iSMART.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 77
It could be that the cable you are using is for charging only. Believe it or not charging and data transfer cables are different

Does anyone know why the type C USB on the ZS EV Trophy won't connect to android auto as in the manual it says that both USB in center consul are chargers and data transfer enabled
The Type C is charge only, Type A is charge and data transfer. If I remember correctly, there small images next to each charge point to that affect.

I bought two USB cables staying in car.

Thin USB-B data cable works with Android Auto charges very slow on my phone. It does not charge for my pasenger's phone. Maybe the cable is too thin.

60W USB-C cable charges my phone faster and my passenger's phone.

I tried my thick USB-C monitor cable. It definitly support data. It does not support AndoidAuto on ZS.

So, I don't think "Data Transmission" equals Android Auto\Apple Car play for both. Only the USB A is capable for ACP or AA. The USB C is capable of data but just as an alternative source (USB Hard Drive)? I would need to test this but sure that's how it works.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom