Tyre pressure warning

Wackee

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just recently received my new MG ZS EV. Driven apx 350 km on it. Today when driving i got this Low Tyre pressure warning on my front left tyre. The tyre looks good, and the system displays it as 2.6 bar pressure, as the other three tyres. I do not currently have access to any tyre pressure checker or filler in my immediate area. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue or have a suggestion?
BBA2E4D3-8B28-450B-B70D-E0F1C08567B1.jpeg

Perhaps it was set higher by accident when initially PDI'd by the dealer. If you're happy they're all at 2.6 just reset as per the manual 👍

Or It was low and then driving made it go up my car can go up 0.4 in summer after a drive no harm in resetting it 2.8
Screenshot_20220213_192508.jpg
Screenshot_20220213_191505.jpg

Thank you both for the quick reply. I am 90% sure its been at 2.6 bars since i received the car on monday. The tyre does not look/feel deflated, and if its correct that it is on 2.6 bar, i would be happy to reset it. I can however not for the life of me find in the manual how i do so. I found the same pages you have screenshotted, N2STY, but it does not say how to there.

Pump all four tyres up 2.8 bar cold iaw the manual shown above.
The system will re-initialise itself when you drive it.

I will do that when i get the chance, i am currently in a cabin with my in-laws. Just found it strange that after 300km on 2.6 bar pressure, it gives me this error on only one wheel, while still being on 2.6 bar pressure. Thanks :)

The other thing I would do as a cross check is to manually measure the pressures. I always keep a pressure gauge in the car.

If you hit a pot hole or rough area. That will increase the heat and therefore pressure in that tyre. Check it again later. I have set mine to measure in psi rather than bar as it is easier to adjust more accurately.

I believe the TPMS should reset itself after covering a few miles IF you adjust the pressures OR disconnect the 12 volt battery.
I know this because I removed my 12 Volt battery from my Trophy 🏆 to do a job, about 2 weeks ago.
It was completely cod the car for about 15 minutes.
When I reinstalled the battery, there was NO tyre pressure readings being show on the App or the dash panel.
Just two dotted lines where the tyre pressures would be displayed.
It was the same inside the car, on the display.
But after driving the following day for about 5 - 10 miles the TPMS had relearnt the settings and all was well !.
There is a single TPMS sensor on the back of the tyre valve INSIDE each wheel, these have a coin cell battery inside each on the sensors.
They “Ping” a signal to a module inside the car.
If you have manually confirmed that each wheel has the same reading and you are still getting an incorrect warning, it could be just a glitch.
If so, you could try the old disconnect the negative lead on the 12 volt battery, leave for about 15 minutes, then reconnect and take the car out for a drive ( 5 - 10 ) miles.
You will have lost ALL of the readings now, but they will all return after a short drive.
If you still get a incorrect TPMS warning, then it off to the dealers I am afraid.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom