Tyre Pressures

Stephen211297

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi Guys,

Ive just got my new MG4 EV SR but when looking a the tyre pressures they seem to be different in what they say. Online some sites say 41 PSI which i think is way to high. Currently they are at 35/36 PSI. Can someone advise please as im not good at this.

37psi all round. 41psi rears when fully loaded.

Mine was delivered at 35/36psi and I was getting warnings. I inflated to 40psi using the compressor in the boot which seemed to give 37psi allowing for some deflation by the time I managed to get the valve unscrewed. No warnings since. I much prefer the toggle clamp inflators as you can get them off quicker.

I also put a label on the pump with the pressures on
I got a pump that works like the forecourt ones (it was the cheapest in stock at argos when I needed it).
You tell it what pressure you want before you start it, and it stops ~0.5psi higher to allow for unscrewing the hose. It also remembers what it was last set to, so I don't have to.

I got a pump that works like the forecourt ones (it was the cheapest in stock at argos when I needed it).
You tell it what pressure you want before you start it, and it stops ~0.5psi higher to allow for unscrewing the hose. It also remembers what it was last set to, so I don't have to.
Have you tried it on the MG4 tyres? I have same pump that stops at set pressure and did all 4 wheels on mine and the readings from the car TPS where all different??
Which tells me dont trust the MG's TPS. A few have had problems with them as well.
84658D8F-D681-4D22-8D3C-5E79A93F6891.png

Have you tried it on the MG4 tyres? I have same pump that stops at set pressure and did all 4 wheels on mine and the readings from the car TPS where all different??
Which tells me dont trust the MG's TPS. A few have had problems with them as well.
View attachment 13019
Sadly, my MG4 is somewhen in the future. I just run around all 4 with the compressor when the Renault complains that one tyre is low. The key is to be wrong consistently!

Last edited:
Just got mine today (details/photos to come in a new thread) and the pressures were all slightly low ... ~34/35 psi. I have my own compressor and it let's me set target pressures - when I got home I set the target to 37.5 psi (to account for a little loss of pressure as you disconnect the clamp) and did all my tyres.

The iSMART app still shows low pressures (2.4/2.5 bar) but I think I'll need to drive the car for a bit for the pressures to be properly updated.

Just got mine today (details/photos to come in a new thread) and the pressures were all slightly low ... ~34/35 psi. I have my own compressor and it let's me set target pressures - when I got home I set the target to 37.5 psi (to account for a little loss of pressure as you disconnect the clamp) and did all my tyres.

The iSMART app still shows low pressures (2.4/2.5 bar) but I think I'll need to drive the car for a bit for the pressures to be properly updated.
How exciting! Can’t wait to see the photos.

Hi Guys, I have the warning coming on about pressure low when i start the car however they are at 38 psi all of them so im just wondering is this a fault or just a system glitch?

Try taking it up a on each wheel then take a drive to help the pressure control unit to calibrate the readings. If that doesn't do the trick then🤷

Sound daft but when i went to the gas station to pump the tyres up the pump doesnt fit on due to the alloys being to thick is there any other way to solve this?

That sounds like a garage pump issue not the car re not fitting given no one else has mentioned it. Have you tried it with the valve in different parked locations?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back