• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Ubitricity Charging

Wazzmania

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

I'm taking my Dad for his Covid Vaccination tomorrow and whilst investigating the post code for parking, I noticed there is a Ubitricity Charging point. My question is/are:-

1) Are these accessible to the public who have a Type 2 cable?
2) If I plug in my car to charge, would the parking be free?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Wazz

It depends. Most need a special smart cable but some have been upgraded to allow a standard type 2 cable and then use their app.

If you download their app or check their website it tells you what type a charger it is.

Thanks for the reply! It says "additional cable required" so I'm assuming I'll use my Type 2 cable?

Do you also know if it's free parking whilst your EV is charging?

Look for a + sign on the ubitricity app - these will take any cable and tend to be in the majority.

What part of the country are you looking at? Most ubitricity posts in Westminster are in resident only bays so those are for locals only to use I'm afraid.

Look for a + sign on the ubitricity app - these will take any cable and tend to be in the majority.

What part of the country are you looking at? Most ubitricity posts in Westminster are in resident only bays so those are for locals only to use I'm afraid.
Hammersmith and Fulham - assuming parking restrictions apply :(

It depends. Most need a special smart cable but some have been upgraded to allow a standard type 2 cable and then use their app.

If you download their app or check their website it tells you what type a charger it is.
Your correct.

Zap map tells you in the info section.

It needs to say "Scan QR code (PAYG option) or ubitricity smart cable".

The PAYG option allows you to use your own type 2 cable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom