UK MG5 Facelift Orders Open

JohnInFrance

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
It appears that Luscombe are accepting orders for the facelift MG5 from today - UK deliveries beginning Q1 2023.

Their web page even has the face lift version of the brochure. Looks nice, shame I opted back into the company car scheme straight away!

Pre-order only at the moment, I don't think that the dealer pricing is clear yet.
Pricing is confirmed. What is not yet clear is what discounts may be available via tactical campaigns - either via a finance deposit contribution or supported finance rate etc.
The reason for the pre-orders is to secure a car with the earliest possible order number. The higher (chronologically) the order number, the further down the production schedule and the slower the delivery date. A pre-order is in place to secure your place in the queue, not necessarily your deal. That can be decided later, once the full offers are known. They are refundable should the offer not be good enough or your circumstances change.

That ceased on the "old" model at the end of March, but some dealers continued to give the same discount.
Pricing is confirmed. What is not yet clear is what discounts may be available via tactical campaigns - either via a finance deposit contribution or supported finance rate etc.

So effectively it's unknown. But I appreciate the "no commitment" nature of the pre-order. I'm sure that you'll still manage to sell all of the pre-orders regardless of the final offers.

Has anybody put down money on a new one yet? Just waiting for my dealership to get back to me with a potential deal so I'm guessing they have pricing of some kind?

The future value for PCP hasn't been released yet so just waiting for that and I would be able to switch to any future deals if they are released.

Looking at how much the price has increased since I got my original 5 with affinity discount I'm not sure it's going to make sense though.

The reason for the pre-orders is to secure a car with the earliest possible order number. The higher (chronologically) the order number, the further down the production schedule and the slower the delivery date. A pre-order is in place to secure your place in the queue, not necessarily your deal. That can be decided later, once the full offers are known. They are refundable should the offer not be good enough or your circumstances change.
That's not the way MG do things. My understanding is that they build in batch's not order sequence i.e. Black SE's then red trophies then white trophies etc. So if you're order number 1 and you want blue SE you have to wait until that batch is built.

But taking your example, at least if you were first to order a blue SE you'd get the first one to be delivered. No doubt there are a lot already ordered as demo cars that will find their way onto the market so in reality if someone else is willing to accept being second owner they'll probably get theirs before you.

How would anyone know how they build, if they didn't have a reliable link straight to the factory? I think even most dealers would spin a story which they consider plausible, rather than necessarily being based on fact, or not giving an answer, if a potential customer asked that question (or any other for that matter).

I don't distrust main dealers in general but I also don't think the salesman are necessarily that well informed.

These aren't orders. They are pre orders. Wouldn't assume anything is honoured and definitely wouldn't assume any timescales for delivery. We have seen this before with the ZS and also the case of the missing car due to the 'registration of interest' not turning into an order.

If they were proper orders I would be half tempted given the continuous rising prices.

I got a mail today announcing the MG4. But that's for a different forum I guess. Posting the link here as others may miss it elsewhere but happy if the mods want to move it.

These aren't orders. They are pre orders. Wouldn't assume anything is honoured and definitely wouldn't assume any timescales for delivery. We have seen this before with the ZS and also the case of the missing car due to the 'registration of interest' not turning into an order.

If they were proper orders I would be half tempted given the continuous rising prices.
Pre-orders are purely for the purposes of securing an early order number which will impact your delivery timelines. The residual values as yet aren't known so while I could happily firm up a price at MRRP, I can't imagine we'd have many takers. That said, you do benefit from price protection so you would be safe from any future price rises.
By securing a pre-order, you give yourselves the option (not the obligation) to have an early car ad at a price no more than the current MRRP.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom