UK OZEV Charger Grant

jon0881

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi,

the MG4 is missing from the approved list of vehicles. Ive been asked to contact MG to check on that which i have done.

Has anyone else done the same?

/Jon

There is no grant anymore? I thought they all finished back at the end of March 2022. (Which is why I got mine fitted in February, so I got both the OZEV grant and the Energy Saving Trust Scotland grant ... £600 in total. With the £500 contribution from Volvo - I had a Volvo company car on order at the time which offered a free charger, but Volvo offered £500 instead (before then cancelling the car order) - I ended up getting a free home charge point plus spare cash for a weekend away). :D

Updated 24 November 2021
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) is no longer open to new applicants. It has been replaced by the EV chargepoint grant.

If you’ve already applied for an EVHS grant and your case is under consideration, you do not need to submit a new application under the EV chargepoint grant scheme. The EVHS will remain open to resubmissions until 31 March 2023.

Unless you already have a grant application in the pipeline then the EVHS scheme no longer applies. However following the link then the one for renters does eventually get to a list of approved vehicles - and indeed the MG4 is not listed (even though the page was last updated on 13-Oct-22).

Maybe try the Report a problem with this page button and request that the MG4 is added? (I have done this just now).

I had a local company quote for an Easee One install last week and they took the £350 off the quote as I am the owner of a flat. They didn't ask whether the vehicle was on the approved list but told them its an MG4. Will have to double check with them and maybe delay till its on the list.

Deeper in the site it does mention that if your car is not on the list and believe it should be it is the manufacturer's action to take

I had a local company quote for an Easee One install last week and they took the £350 off the quote as I am the owner of a flat. They didn't ask whether the vehicle was on the approved list but told them its an MG4. Will have to double check with them and maybe delay till its on the list.
Octopus allowed me to complete the application but then when doing the same on the govt website the MG4 is not approved

I've flagged it to MG customer service and will try to join the live podcast later and ask the MG rep there

Hi,

the MG4 is missing from the approved list of vehicles. Ive been asked to contact MG to check on that which i have done.

Has anyone else done the same?

/Jon
MG is also abcent on Octopus Go web site if you want to get six hours instead of four they say they have not been approached by MG

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back