Unable to charge

thowi02

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Tried to charge using granny cable, blue lights did not turn green and eventually went white. Screen showed 'charging connecting' but nothing happened.
Gave up after a few attempts and tried again after a short drive, still no good.
This has happened before , the service centre said they applied a couple of software updates including the VMS . Will be going back in asap.

Ar you getting the correct lights on your granny charger, they indicate fault conditions. Note, hard to see the coloured lights in the daylight unless shielded.

On the first attempt the charger did show a fault ,on subsequent attempts it was showing normal charging status. Just went out and tried again to see the exact sequence of the lights colour and surprise surprise the thing starts charging normally. Don't really want to charge during peak times so will try again tonight and see what happens!

Did you try inserting the plug with the charger powered on and then with it powered off first?
Tried both ways .

On the first attempt the charger did show a fault ,on subsequent attempts it was showing normal charging status. Just went out and tried again to see the exact sequence of the lights colour and surprise surprise the thing starts charging normally. Don't really want to charge during peak times so will try again tonight and see what happens!
What fault was it showing?

Check that the timer is off. I also had problems charging, so they software updated the charging port system on my car. Haven't had any issues since.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back