unable to turn off lights

thowi02

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
After parking car and locking doors lights flash and stay on. Checked all doors closed and tried again same problem.
Anyone any ideas?

Are 'auto lights' switched off, for you to switch lights manually? If so, move toggle on indicator stalk to off?

New to me this MG lark, so I may be way out on this!

I had similar happen to me but for the life of me I can’t remember what the lights were set to when I got out & locked the car but when I got back in, switched the lights to auto ( so you see Auto On on screen ) got back out, locked the car & lights turned off

If it’s still happening I’d suggest

Get back in car, pedal on brake so it goes into Ready mode

Switch the lights over to Auto, if it says Auto On, get out lock the car

If you hot the switch & it says Auto Off, switch it again until you see it say Auto On, get out & lock car

Hopefully this should do it, good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
After parking car and locking doors lights flash and stay on. Checked all doors closed and tried again same problem.
Anyone any ideas?

With a bit of trial and error I'm sure you'll find out whats going on and then you'll know in future. The above seems the most likely answer. Is it just the front DRL's that stay on ? or are the rear lights on too ?

I once dropped my keys on the car floor (without knowing) and wondered why the hell the car would'nt lock using the button after getting out 😁. It took me a while to realise my keys were'nt in my pocket and the car knew they were still inside the car !!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back