unbind car

I may have misunderstood what @Cathy is trying to achieve. I understood that she was trying to unbind her car in the iSmart app on her own mobile?

If that’s not the case and she is looking to unbind her car that was previously bound by another owner on their mobile then you need to go to the iSmart app on the previous owner’s mobile. Is that what you mean @Witeduke?

Of course, there may be another way to unbind a previously owned car, then as you say @Miles Roberts CG is your man 👍

No it’s in the app if it’s fully registered with mg , but if someone else has binded there phone with the head unit you are stuck , which was the original question so contacting Miles Roberts on the forum is the only answer as the dealers are clueless !!

I took some shots of the head unit, it directs you to the app as @Witeduke says.

Attachments

• F07456F1-C596-44C6-A791-0B9FE9AFC440.jpeg
    F07456F1-C596-44C6-A791-0B9FE9AFC440.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 27F71A7A-4620-48A5-B8BE-52D2A889E00F.jpeg
    27F71A7A-4620-48A5-B8BE-52D2A889E00F.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 320
No it’s in the app if it’s fully registered with mg , but if someone else has binded there phone with the head unit you are stuck , which was the original question so contacting Miles Roberts on the forum is the only answer as the dealers are clueless !!
Drop Miles a kind P.M. and ask him if he can possibly help you out ?.
If he can - he will, I am sure (y) !.
The last time this happened, somebody who had taken a test drive in a dealer Demo model, though it would be a great idea ( NOT ) to bind his / her personal phone to the car !.
Miles was able to contact a friend at MG who then was able to unbind the nice / kind persons phone from the car.
He will need some details from the car, in order to do this I am sure.

Hello @Cathy

This took me ages to figure out as well. Go to the Remote Control page and then select the Vehicle Name, in my case WV22HHY, at the very top of the page. Photos attached to assist.
Many thanks for the reply. We have already taken it back to Hendy MG where l bought the car from and a technician tried but could not do it, he didn't know how. He looked at the manual that MG send to them but there was no information about removing a binding.
I have deleted my account and reregistered and the app still tells me it is already bounded.
In the app it tells one if you need to unbind to go through the mg app . But l can't find the unbinding symbol, nor could the technician. God knows where it is, l have now been on line and found a couple of email addresses for ismart in New Delhi, India so now l am going to email them, after all the app is created in India. Watch this space but l am not going to give up. And if anyone knows please let me know. Many thanks Cathy

@Cathy When it says go through to the MG iSmart app, it means the iSmart app of the person who has bound the car. You won’t see the unbinding symbol on your mobile, it will only be visible on the mobile of the person who has bound it before you.

In my case this was the salesman who used the car before me.

@Cathy When it says go through to the MG iSmart app, it means the iSmart app of the person who has bound the car. You won’t see the unbinding symbol on your mobile, it will only be visible on the mobile of the person who has bound it before you.

In my case this was the salesman who used the car before me.
Oh gosh that’s going to be difficult as l don’t know who has now bound it and l have bought a brand new ZS EV only had it a week and have been trying to sort this ever since.
basically there was no information about the iSMART, so l managed to register but on my iPad….that was wrong for a start, got the iSMART app working then realised l need it on my phone. to start with l was being told my phone was incompatible, but kept trying, l can get all the information on my phone but it was saying the car was already bound so not sure what l have done but have to assume it was me that bound it but through my iPad. I have a Samsung phone so ofcourse the information does not go across to my phone, so l have now ordered an iPhone. But l am at a quandary to where l go next. MG can’t help and really only seem interested in selling the cars but anything on it will be trial and error. I have seen there is someone called Miles who is the man to ask and he may be able to help otherwise it is a trip to India where the app is created. 😄 no l think l would rather get it sorted here. So is Mikes out there to help as l am now desperate to sort this out. Also being a newby on any forums, please excuse my uselessness. Cathy x

Hi yes the only way to sort it is Miles Roberts on this forum , the dealers don’t have a clue which is a big worry ! But it will be worth it in the end as I went through the same thing .

Oh gosh that’s going to be difficult as l don’t know who has now bound it and l have bought a brand new ZS EV only had it a week and have been trying to sort this ever since.
basically there was no information about the iSMART, so l managed to register but on my iPad….that was wrong for a start, got the iSMART app working then realised l need it on my phone. to start with l was being told my phone was incompatible, but kept trying, l can get all the information on my phone but it was saying the car was already bound so not sure what l have done but have to assume it was me that bound it but through my iPad. I have a Samsung phone so ofcourse the information does not go across to my phone, so l have now ordered an iPhone. But l am at a quandary to where l go next. MG can’t help and really only seem interested in selling the cars but anything on it will be trial and error. I have seen there is someone called Miles who is the man to ask and he may be able to help otherwise it is a trip to India where the app is created. 😄 no l think l would rather get it sorted here. So is Mikes out there to help as l am now desperate to sort this out. Also being a newby on any forums, please excuse my uselessness. Cathy x
Hi @Miles Roberts CG are able to spare the time to help this fellow member out please !.
Thanks you in advance of any help you are able to offer Miles.
Pod Cast this Monday by any chance Miles 🤷‍♂️ ????.
Yes please !.

This thread just reminded me I needed to unbind my phone from the Marvel R we had a few weeks ago, despite me logging the vehicle off from the connection, I just checked and I still had control over it! Took me a while to find out how to do it, the option is very, very well hidden in the app !!
Where is the option to unbind, I've been looking for it for 2 weeks? Please

@MellyW take a look at post #19 earlier in this thread. Bear in mind this will only work if you are trying to unbind a car that has been previously bound on the same mobile phone.

You cannot unbind a vehicle in the iSmart app if it hasn’t been previously bound in the iSmart app on the same phone. If that is the case then the advice given by @Witeduke is to contact @Miles Roberts CG (a helpful chap who works in the MG Chorley Group) and see if he can assist.

Last edited:
Hello Cathy, may I ask if you have a SR or LR?

Last edited by a moderator:
I took some shots of the head unit, it directs you to the app as @Witeduke says.
Hi asincial,
just to let you know that after much toing and froing, talking with Miles Robert’s who was very helpful, but was unable to help completely in this instance, l went back to the dealership who basically had an obligation to help and they did. The service manager. Got in touch with MG services in Birmingham because he had not come across this problem and
Hello Cathy, may I ask if you have a Sr or LR?
Hi , l have bought an MG Zs EV Sr. After charging last night l got 213 miles on eco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Cathy

This took me ages to figure out as well. Go to the Remote Control page and then select the Vehicle Name, in my case WV22HHY, at the very top of the page. Photos attached to assist.
Hi Andrew…I am a new MG owner (as of approx 3weeks ago, I live in NZ). Thanks for your tip…something(?)in my MG ismart app is not syncing properly with my car, so the dealer suggested to unbind the app and rebind..Do you have to be in the car to unbind it? …& when I want to rebind it, do I have to be in the car?

Hi Andrew…I am a new MG owner (as of approx 3weeks ago, I live in NZ). Thanks for your tip…something(?)in my MG ismart app is not syncing properly with my car, so the dealer suggested to unbind the app and rebind..Do you have to be in the car to unbind it? …& when I want to rebind it, do I have to be in the car?
Yes I’d recommend you’re in the car connected to Bluetooth and have a good phone signal

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom