USB disk identification failure

AndyF1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Got above error recently in my 2023 MG4 Trophy. All was well until I tried to use a slow charger using my own cable on a rainy day. Plugged in...connection error, tried a different unit, same but car also locked itself. Tried a few more times but ended up using a nearby fast charger successfully. After that radio (DAB or FM) didn't work, just got above error message - everything else was fine. Googled it, found suggestion on here to disconnect -ve 12v battery terminal for 30 mins to reboot system.
Did that & when I got back in car, dashboard panel flashed a sequence of messages to wind down driver's/passenger's/ rear right/rear left windows, responded as best I could & end result was radio was now working...but I had multiple messages about traction control/collision system/... not working (7 warning lights on dashboard).
Drove car anyway (short journey) - when I got back in just one dashboard message to wind down rear right window - did that & all OK, no warnings, systems all working.
Can only think that trying to charge using a damp cable had 'shorted' something, disconnecting -ve 12v battery terminal is a good fix & then car will tell you what you need to do to recover - no settings were lost as a consequence of this.

Got above error recently in my 2023 MG4 Trophy. All was well until I tried to use a slow charger using my own cable on a rainy day. Plugged in...connection error, tried a different unit, same but car also locked itself. Tried a few more times but ended up using a nearby fast charger successfully. After that radio (DAB or FM) didn't work, just got above error message - everything else was fine. Googled it, found suggestion on here to disconnect -ve 12v battery terminal for 30 mins to reboot system.
Did that & when I got back in car, dashboard panel flashed a sequence of messages to wind down driver's/passenger's/ rear right/rear left windows, responded as best I could & end result was radio was now working...but I had multiple messages about traction control/collision system/... not working (7 warning lights on dashboard).
Drove car anyway (short journey) - when I got back in just one dashboard message to wind down rear right window - did that & all OK, no warnings, systems all working.
Can only think that trying to charge using a damp cable had 'shorted' something, disconnecting -ve 12v battery terminal is a good fix & then car will tell you what you need to do to recover - no settings were lost as a consequence of this.
This happened to me too. On both occasions radio came back to life when 12v battery ran down. Garage says disconnection of negative 12v cable resolves but why is it happening. Radio disappears again after a couple of weeks. All OK now of course.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back