Using voice commands with Amazon Music

paulus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have Amazon Music set up via the Infotainment unit in my MG4 Trophy. At home I use it exclusively via voice commands. Is there any way of using voice commands to control in in the car?

The question is about voice commands directly with the car (to control Amazon Music), not via a 3rd party system (CarPlay / Android Auto). :)

(I don't know the answer - I have an SE).

I have Amazon Music set up via the Infotainment unit in my MG4 Trophy. At home I use it exclusively via voice commands. Is there any way of using voice commands to control in in the car?
No. There is no Alexa built into the car and that's what you need. You can't even control Amazon Music on an android phone using google assistant. You can install the Alexa app and do it that way if you've got your phone plugged in, but it's using your phone rather than the car to play music.

I use Spotify exclusively as my music source and all it takes is a long press on the voice button.

I don't see why that wouldn't work with whoever you choose.

"Play Massive Attack on Spotify"

It plays whatever I ask it to.

A shorter press gives you the car voice commands.

I only use that to change the temperature, but know it can do a lot more........

As long as you know the right keywords!

I also find playing radio through bbc sounds app is a much better quality audio IMO.

Same again, long press 'Play Radio2 on bbc sounds'

Apologies if eggs are being sucked etc

Last edited:
No I have only tried the native infotainment system. If I could be confident that I could achieve it through AA I would use that, but as stated above that is just using the phone - but might be worth itif I was just using the phone for "Alexa play . . . " and it then appears through the car system??

"Alexa play ..." might work if you have your phone connected via Bluetooth (not AA/CarPlay) and you have the media source selected for Bluetooth audio. It would be using Amazon Music on your phone not the car, but should achieve what you're after. 🤞

If the wireless charging pad doesn't give enough juice to charge your phone whilst you're using it then you could plug your phone in to the car using a non-data cable, or plugged into the USB C port.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back