UV protection from factory privacy glass?

bear1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
About to go on our first longer journey with our 6 week old boy. We got one of the early SEs with bonus privacy glass in the rear.
I've read contradictory details on general websites. But does this type of tinting block UV?
Thanks

And there's different types of UV light ... UVA is associated with skin aging, and UVB is associated with skin burning.

Well, glass blocks UV anyway unless it's quartz glass.

And there's different types of UV light ... UVA is associated with skin aging, and UVB is associated with skin burning.
From what I've read, glass blocks UVA and some UVB. But some tinting provides greater protection against UVB.
Though different sources contradict each other!

About to go on our first longer journey with our 6 week old boy. We got one of the early SEs with bonus privacy glass in the rear.
I've read contradictory details on general websites. But does this type of tinting block UV?
Thanks
A 6 week old should be shaded from the sun with a blind on the window - not just relying on tint or the uv standard of glass.

Thanks all, have ordered some blinds.

Oops, my last post was meant to be a reply to my post before it saying which sort glass let through.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back