V2L adapter included?

FEA2EJCF5Y3YRYY.jpg

???

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Can I ask if anybody has used these and knows about these things: are they safe?

I know just enough about this to know that I don't want to take a risk. But I'm also very reluctant to spend the huge sums that MG want for the official cable!

Thanks in advance.
I’ve just ordered this exact one but I don’t get the car until 5th June. Hoping there is a positive response from someone who has used this !

The car charger is waterproof, the adaptor is not. Might need to find a way to cover the adaptor...
I guess that it is ok to use the jet washer to clear the driveway or other car
Rated IP56 whatever that means.

Rated IP56 whatever that means.
IP56 = Protected against harmful dust (first digit) with protection from strong water jets and no harmful effects of strong water jets from all directions (second digit). Protected against ingress of solid object, diameter 50mm. Protection against water drop. No harmful effect of vertical water drip

Call me cautious but I bought the hideously expensive MG V2L cable. I don’t want to risk electrocuting myself with a dodgy cheap adapter bought from eBay. Nor do I want to damage the car or any connected appliance.

Call me cautious but I bought the hideously expensive MG V2L cable. I don’t want to risk electrocuting myself with a dodgy cheap adapter bought from eBay. Nor do I want to damage the car or any connected appliance.
Totally agree and have said so in many threads on this forum and have done the very same when we purchased the MG4.
Les

Can I ask if anybody has used these and knows about these things: are they safe?

I know just enough about this to know that I don't want to take a risk. But I'm also very reluctant to spend the huge sums that MG want for the official cable!

Thanks in advance.
I bought one , have tried it , it works, plug n play.

Here's a teardown of a Hyundai/Kia V2L adapter -

I guess the MG ones are very similar - he says he has another video about an MG one, but I can't find it.

Judge for yourselves how much could go wrong with a substandard one. At first glance, I can see there's a thermal switch in there which a shoddy one could leave off, but you'd have to plug in something really stupid (as he says -- a really badly wired 3-pin plug) to cause that to trigger. Otherwise there really isn't much to it -- one resistor to earth, and otherwise direct connections from the Type 2 to the 3-pin socket.

Also here's someone making their own.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel