V2L cable not working on MG ZS EV 2022 Trophy Connect - 2 tried. one is known to work on MG4 EV

My 2023 MGZSEV has the same issue. MG have confirmed that the issue is with the module. The reason being a chip shortage which did not enable this V2L function. SAIC are sending a replacement the module. They have not issued a recall or even told their dealers

Hi. Did you get written confirmation from MG about the component problem that you can share? I have the 11473414, which seems to be the problem unit from reading some of the comments further up the thread. Does anyone know what unit number it needs to be switched out to? Or will all others work? Is an update also required at the same time so that it works with doors locked?
I'm keen to get mine sorted ASAP. I'm already on my first camping trip and missing having the V2L.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can tell you is that when I contacted an ebay seller about purchasing a V2L adaptor he told not to purchase one as my vehicle (2023 model) was faulty. I then asked my local MG Dealer to check this and they then ordered a replacement module from SAIC and told me that due to a chip shortage this model year was shipped with this function not enabled and SAIC agreed to send a replacement unit of which I am still waiting for.

Gday, the correct resistor for V2L on the MG ZS EV is 470ohm - this enable 7kW discharge power.

The correct resistor is 2000 ohm - giving about 2.2 kW.

Like you, I fitted the 470 ohm resistor, before we knew the MG recommended value, and I've left it, as the extra "Oomph" has been useful on occasion, although I don't push anywhere near 7kW !

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom