V2L to IP44 Cable Solution Required

Nick666

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hello MG EV Community.

I have a 2023 MG4 and I’m looking to supplement my rental property’s power supply in a bid to reduce my crippling bills + have a safe camping power supply solution using existing IP44 plugs and extension cables compatible with electrical hookups at caravan parks etc.

Is it possible for any of you good folk out there to talk through, to this electrical luddite, the ‘in’s and out’s’ of the whole process? My main concern is the ohm rating required for the car to recognise a discharging cable on the latest MG’s?

Any help greatly appreciated…

Attachments

• IMG_7346.jpeg
    IMG_7346.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7347.jpeg
    IMG_7347.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 39
As you are dealing with a rental property I would highly recommend you involve your landlord and a qualified (and insured) expert in your discussions. Otherwise if anything goes wrong you may end up with any liability.

Fair point, my landlords are very understanding (and live next door!) and the main purpose of the cable would be to introduce occasional power to my garage to run a 2kW heater.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be useful to explain exactly what, where, when and why you need to use the car's battery to heat the garage. I am in the dark here, a bit.

Are you intending to charge the car at an overnight rate and then heat the garage from the car in place of heating from the mains?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back