Vacuum System and Control System Fault

Robert Gardner

Standard Member
Reaction score
I got the following warnings: Vacuum System Fault, Power Limited Limiting Speed and Vehicle Control System Fault.

The car would move but when you put your foot on the brake the pedal was rock-solid and breaking very poor all the dealers I am trying to book in with are talking about a 3 week wait not good enough for such a serious fault

Would it not be quicker to call MG assist they can tow the car to the dealer as you can't continue to drive like that?

Just tried the 12v reset no change the Car still has the Vacuum System fault and Vehicle Control system fault with brake pedal rock solid and Judder on breaks when moving the car earliest I can get it into a dealer is 27/3/23 but then have to recover it into them its 3 years old only done 18500 miles

Just tried the 12v reset no change the Car still has the Vacuum System fault and Vehicle Control system fault with brake pedal rock solid and Judder on breaks when moving the car earliest I can get it into a dealer is 27/3/23 but then have to recover it into them its 3 years old only done 18500 miles
Serviced at MG dealer? So AA to take it in?

I take it you're using your free MG assist\AA

AA MG Assist were great they came out and on their notes about the MGZSEV, they have a reported issue of a 5 am fuse that feeds the ABS Braking system blows so you don't ave assisted braking. They replaced the fuse and it is back to normal but they then refer you to the dealer, booked into the earliest appointment 27/3 not the nearest Dealer but other Dealers closer were not available until mid April.

I have to say this web site is amazing thank you all for your suggestions also I only do a out. 6000 miles a year and the variations in service costs are vast, the Dealer I have been going to now charges £350 for the Low mileage service and £550 for the normal service the new dealer I am seeing on the 27/3/23 only charges £110 plus vat for the low mileage service

I have to say this web site is amazing thank you all for your suggestions also I only do a out. 6000 miles a year and the variations in service costs are vast, the Dealer I have been going to now charges £350 for the Low mileage service and £550 for the normal service the new dealer I am seeing on the 27/3/23 only charges £110 plus vat for the low mileage service
Your first dealer definitely sounds like one to avoid

AA MG Assist were great they came out and on their notes about the MGZSEV, they have a reported issue of a 5 am fuse that feeds the ABS Braking system blows so you don't ave assisted braking. They replaced the fuse and it is back to normal but they then refer you to the dealer, booked into the earliest appointment 27/3 not the nearest Dealer but other Dealers closer were not available until mid April.
5 am fuse? 🤔 Clever stuff though I wonder how it knows? 😉

5 am fuse? 🤔 Clever stuff though I wonder how it knows? 😉
I was just looking at fuse list for MK1 only one that jumps out is F15 5amp brake switch
Screenshot_20230310-133337.png
Screenshot_20230310-133438.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom