Vanarama Issues

We ordered ours on the 21st, Wife did say that while talking to the man that they had 350 cars on order but didn't know at the time how many had cancelled, And the idea was to see how many did and did not cancel and then go from there, But we were quite high up the list as one of the first to order.

I managed to speak to them, and they hinted that there could be more news in a couple of weeks. That said, they have been poor at expectation management of customers, so I would take this with a bucket of salt.

I ordered Trophy on 23rd Nov 2021, so hoping to be one of the early ones for Trophy.

Did your wife actually get her car delivered last Friday?
Err, No, Got a text message on the Wednesday that due too a computer system fault no MG cars could be registered.
As you could imagine, That sounded like bull, But after a bit Googling it turned out to not be, Phoned the next day and they said our car is here but nothing they can do, Turned out our next door neighbour was expecting there HS on the same day and got the same news.
So just a waiting game.

Computer system update is done apparently back up and running as of today, took longer than expected apparently.
Loads of people in the MG4 forum waiting to pick up their cars.

Over the last year and bit I honestly couldn't have received more bull &&&& from vanarama, awful service and lie after lie...anything they tell you changes whoever you speak to. Service level and communication is diabolical. Charger that's been gathering dirt for a year and still no sign of a vehicle.

They don't make the cars but they deserve as many complaints via the obnusman as possible....shocking level of communication

My ZS SE (Blue) is being delivered on Wednesday. Order date was 23/11/21. I received a call out of the blue today from MG Greenhous confirming delivery date. I've also been given the registration number. All very surreal. I had given up hope!

My ZS SE (Blue) is being delivered on Wednesday. Order date was 23/11/21. I received a call out of the blue today from MG Greenhous confirming delivery date. I've also been given the registration number. All very surreal. I had given up hope!

Last edited:
Nope never had any calls...just the usual monthly one from Vanarama telling me it's delayed.

Last edited:
Nope never had any calls...just the usually monthly one from Vanarama telling me it's delayed.
Congrats on the news! Can't understand how vanarama didn't know it was on the boat or in the country!!?? Think they were recommending us to cancel when our cars were probably built or on a boat!!

I don't mean to rub it in, but here's proof...was delivered on Wednesday. It was worth holding out for. Hope you all get yours soon.
PXL_20230316_125652327~2.jpg

I don't mean to rub it in, but here's proof...was delivered on Wednesday. It was worth holding out for. Hope you all get yours soon.
View attachment 15996
Very nice! Yes waiting paid off!! Unfortunately I cancelled, fortunately I've been happily driving about in my citroen c4 since valentines day! I'll never use my free charger at this rate!! Hahaha

To give you an idea of lead times after a vehicle carrier has docked, I found a piece of paper in our car which shows it arrived in Bristol on 22/1/23. The first phonecall I ever received about it being here was on 11/3/23. Vanarama even phoned me on 27/1/23 offering me the chance again to cancel my order. Either Vanarama had no idea the vehicle was in the country when they phoned or they were chancing their luck 🤷‍♂️

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom