Vanarama Smart pro charger

Babylon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just a quick question,Has anybody else with the Vanarama Smart pro charger installed noticed if there status light is flashing purple or solid purple, Mine has turned solid purple and a friends also has.

Just a quick question,Has anybody else with the Vanarama Smart pro charger installed noticed if there status light is flashing purple or solid purple, Mine has turned solid purple and a friends also has.
Yeah every few weeks mine flashes 4 or 5 purples. Not sure what it means as the app only tells you what up to 3 flashes means.

solid purple means it’s booting up and trying to connect to Indra and flashing purple means it can’t communicate with Indra

Also, Has anyone with a Vanarama order had the email for the charger app.
Could be wrong but I don’t think there is an app. I’m sure they used to be one with a strange name. I think I just added the page to my mobile and it works like an app.

is there a reason you need it from vanarama? I got mine installed about 4 months ago, not that it’s even been tested but I don’t remember an email from vanarama about it. Can’t remember if I set the account up or the installer did

Mines been in about the same time, There is supposed to be an app for it, This review and a couple others say there is, I'll take the front off tomorrow and see if there is a dongle or something inside.

I have Indra installed by Vanarama/ChargeEV since january. Had similar issues when my broadband was playing up but ever since that its been fine and solid white light. Call them up to find out how to reset your charger as it seems to have connection issue and a hard reset will sort that out

Yes there is an app and they send you a link for it via email

I have Indra installed by Vanarama/ChargeEV since january. Had similar issues when my broadband was playing up but ever since that its been fine and solid white light. Call them up to find out how to reset your charger as it seems to have connection issue and a hard reset will sort that out

Yes there is an app and they send you a link for it via email
Its called Smart+ and chargeEv will be sending the link. They did this for me over while installing the charger

I had a BP Pulse charging unit fitted in May. They told me that I must leave it switched on so that they can monitor it. Not sure what they were monitoring - nothing was plugged into it but our internet slowed down for days so I ignored them and switched it off at the isolator. If I get any indication that a car may appear will switch it on again.

I have the Indra charger. Occasionally it goes off line. Just turn the isolation switch off for 30 seconds then back on. I believe it's to do with the simm .

Indra's support is usually excellent. Drop them a line / call them with any questions and I'm sure that they'll sort you out.
I'm surprised if they are using a SIM rather than your broadband.

Could be wrong but I don’t think there is an app. I’m sure they used to be one with a strange name. I think I just added the page to my mobile and it works like an app.

is there a reason you need it from vanarama? I got mine installed about 4 months ago, not that it’s even been tested but I don’t remember an email from vanarama about it. Can’t remember if I set the account up or the installer did
As far as I know purple light is the charger updating have had mine go offline a couple times just switch off and reboot don’t actually know if it works still waiting on car from vanarama since last November

Its called Smart+ and chargeEv will be sending the link. They did this for me over while installing the charger
Is the app available in the App Store? I can’t see it there. I’m sure I just created an Indra account and saved that to my phone and it gives the impression of an app.

when I contacted them in May when I lost connection they advised me “We are in the process of producing our own app and I will pass this suggestion on to the team, if they are not already considering it”. I had queried why you need to use wps as my eero router doesn’t allow wps as it’s an unsecure system.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom