VAT reduced to 0% on solar batteries from February 1st 2024

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
As VAT on standalone and retrofit batteries is reduced to 0% from Feb 1st, it makes installing them a slightly more viable option. My roof is unsuitable for solar panels so standalone is my only real option.
Was wondering what a reasonable price for install alone would be for a Givenergy all in one with Gateway would be. Decent enough spec and purchase cost around £5000-£5500 without VAT for the goods.
It was my belief that the install of this was relatively straightforward, it is advertised as such, compared to buying separates, but supply and installed costs are advertised around £10-11,000 which appears on the face of it to be quite high for the install costs.
those that are knowledgeable in this field, please put me right on this.

As VAT on standalone and retrofit batteries is reduced to 0% from Feb 1st, it makes installing them a slightly more viable option. My roof is unsuitable for solar panels so standalone is my only real option.
Was wondering what a reasonable price for install alone would be for a Givenergy all in one with Gateway would be. Decent enough spec and purchase cost around £5000-£5500 without VAT for the goods.
It was my belief that the install of this was relatively straightforward, it is advertised as such, compared to buying separates, but supply and installed costs are advertised around £10-11,000 which appears on the face of it to be quite high for the install costs.
those that are knowledgeable in this field, please put me right on this.
Batteries still require DNO approval, also the AIO you have to run atleast a 16mm² Twin from your cut out to the AIO and back as all your power runs via the AIO to provide the backup facility, so there's the cost of that involved

Last edited by a moderator:
Batteries still require DNO approval, also the AIO you have to run atleast a 16mm Twin from your cut out to the AIO and back as all your power runs via the AIO to provide the backup facility, so there's the cost of that involved
Thank you, I am aware there is work to be done for and as part of the install but was wondering what a fair cost for that would be.
I am not able to install but am capable of buying the AIO.
If you, or anyone else have any idea to point me in the right ball park for installation and commissioning cost I would be grateful.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom