Vehicle control system fault - MG4 Trophy

Willavoy01

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Had the 'Vehicle control system fault' warning today, car is driving ok but its constantly flashing up and asking me to take the car to MG service centre.

Has anyone had this? It's an MY23 trophy LR on R40 firmware.

Had the 'Vehicle control system fault' warning today, car is driving ok but its constantly flashing up and asking me to take the car to MG service centre.

Has anyone had this? It's an MY23 trophy LR on R40 firmware.
Any chance of a picture/video?

Looks like a software fault. Had the AA out today via MG Assist and it has to go into the shop at the end of the month to check it out. Safe to drive apparently in the meantime. Great first week of ownership.

Yeah I had this. I removed the 12v battery for 10 mins then reconnected. Then I had to go through calibration and things seem fine now. Still taking into the dealership.

Attachments

• IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6602.jpeg
    IMG_6602.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 120
I just took mine into dealership for exact same fault "Vehicle control system fault" and im also on the R40 my23 Trophy with a 4 day old car.. possibly software then I hope but left it with dealership to investigate. Did yours get resolved?

Just to update you on mine, I got it back from MG after 2.5weeks. They initially couldn't find much other than checking all connections and resetting things (probably reconnecting battery like others said).

However, they did eventually agree to update several modules in the car after finally getting approval from MG (testing their loan car on the same chargers they thought might be the problem, without any errors helped I think). I did also ask them to update the infotainment as my Bluetooth kept asking to reconnect- now on R46, but they didn't think that would affect this error at all, rather one of the modules in the car needing an update, which is now done.

So far so good, no more errors or issues with chargers but its only been 5 days so far (longer than I originally had car at least).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back