Vibration in steering wheel

MG4London

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
ICE cars you can understand the engine causing a little vibration but I don’t understand why my MG4 has it even when sitting still.

Even when stationary sitting at traffic lights or something I can feel vibration on the wheel.

Is this common and what is causing it?

ICE cars you can understand the engine causing a little vibration but I don’t understand why my MG4 has it even when sitting still.

Even when stationary sitting at traffic lights or something I can feel vibration on the wheel.

Is this common and what is causing it?
Could be the electric power steering. When you're holding the steering wheel are you slightly applying a but of turn force?
Sorry if that sounds grammatically incorrect

Hi there. Just noticed today standing in stationary traffic my Long range MG4 could feel vibration through the steering wheel. It happened all the time over a 1 hour hour journey into London whenever stationary. Once on the move no real notice. Any ideas if this is normal or needs looking at. Thanks

Hi there. Just noticed today standing in stationary traffic my Long range MG4 could feel vibration through the steering wheel. It happened all the time over a 1 hour hour journey into London whenever stationary. Once on the move no real notice. Any ideas if this is normal or needs looking at. Thanks

For both of you, try turning the AC system off (LH button) and see if it stops.

I find the heater / Ac is audible when outside the car, and it drives a refrigerant compressor, so there could be some vibration from that.

if it goes when AC is off it's that, otherwise it's a bit of feedback from the electric power steering possible.

Thanks for advice and I will try that on return journey and update

hi there. Tried turning off the a/c button last night on way back and all vibration stopped instantly so thank you for a spot on advice. Now just need to decide if this is normal or if there is something that can be done to stop the vibration. As I said it’s only noticeable with hand on wheel when stationary. Once on the move this is no longer noticeable.

Haha just been awarded a trophy for my use and my MG is a trophy

Were you able to "fix" the small vibration caused by the AC?
You shouldn't be getting it this time of year, it usually occurs when the AC is working hard, which is normal in hot weather.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back