VIBRATION ISSUE - hot off the press!

Freeagain21

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
First, a little recap.

I got my Xpower in October 2023. Reported the vibration immediately. My dealership agreed there was a problem and put in a technical report to MG.

Subsequently have trialled a steering wheel damper (failed).
Wheels realigned and rebalanced (failed).
Wheels COMPLETELY REPLACED with non-vibrating wheels from a Trophy (failed).

News just in from the dealership.

MG have responded to say:

• THEY KNOW THERE IS AN ISSUE!
  • THEY KNOW WHAT THE ISSUE IS.
  • But THEY WON'T SAY WHAT THE ISSUE IS.
  • However THEY ARE WORKING ON A FIX.

MG have responded to say:

• THEY KNOW THERE IS AN ISSUE!
  • THEY KNOW WHAT THE ISSUE IS.
  • But THEY WON'T SAY WHAT THE ISSUE IS.
  • However THEY ARE WORKING ON A FIX.

Thanks for your continued work with your dealer 👍

Any chance you have that list in in an email or a letter from MG or your dealer ?

Makes you wonder if "the fix" will be only for new cars made if it's a costly one 😒😣.

I put my formal complaint in within 3 months of purchase. I've not heard anything further from my delaer or MG UK since the exchange of emails. Once we know there is a fix I guess we'll all be back on the case again with our dealer and MG UK.

So they've admitted there is a fault. Freeagain21 has an email confirming that, so they have to fix it now, don't they? 🤔
Aas all verbal. No email. The dealership has an email .... sounds like MG don't want the fault to be widely known. An oversight perhaps? Fundamental design error? PR nightmare?

Aas all verbal. No email. The dealership has an email .... sounds like MG don't want the fault to be widely known. An oversight perhaps? Fundamental design error? PR nightmare?
If you combine your verbal account with the email @seamust1000 received “Chassis Engineering are working on a fix. At this moment in time, there is no eta. This is as much as I know at this current time. “ it suggests they are trying dampen the vibrations further rather than fixing the source of the problem (motor/driveshaft/EPCU/flux capacitor etc) because of cost

If the oil leak the first cars had problems with are anything to go by there will be no communication from MG to their customers and limited information to the dealers. The sequence of events seems to be:
  1. denial there is anything wrong
  2. it's a design feature
  3. this is the fix
  4. this is the real fix
  5. what problem?
You've had the first three steps with the steering damper being tried out in some countries so fingers crossed in a couple of months a solution will be available.

Interesting development, just saw this post on an MG Facebook group -

Screenshot_20240324_205704_Facebook.jpg

I think they are all manufactured in China. I read it as new cars on the line are being fitted with the powertrain kit, any that have left the factory will be subject to recall.
I had thought that, which suggests better wording would be "all cars manufactured after (insert date here) have now been fitted..." as the location of the factory is not particularly relevant in this case. 😁

I'd like to be optimistic but my previous correspondence with MG UK was quite clear in that MG Australia are a completely different company to MG UK and anything they do will not necessarily be applicable to UK cars. Fingers crossed though 👌😊

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom