VIBRATION ISSUE - hot off the press!

The X power i just bought ( waiting on delivery ) is a ex demo with over 5000km on it and it has a very slight vibration ..

I got the yeah still havent done the recall on it from the sales man ..

funny was in there the other day to see how it was progressing when i asked again i got a pause in the convo before yeah we will do that at the same time ..

As im getting the front windows tinted and it looks terrible with black privacy glass on the rear and basically clear windows on the driver and passenger fronts ..

Which i get the impression is salesman BS but ohh well !!

I can deal with it but i will be asking MG Aus for some answers to when its going to be fixed ..

Its a real shame that they bring out this beast of a car and it scares people away with not having the issues fixed and fixed fast ..

Then the question is what direction is the brand looking at??

Cyberster due out soon with the big boy one pushing 400kw though dual motor AWD..`

Other models in the works with a semi bad reputation the X power and Mg4 are giving them are they going to sell?

Not sure people will bother with MG ..

People are finicky give them a great solid reliable car ( issues are fine if they a addressed quickly ) and people will come back / continue to buy your brand ..

Sell sh.t or drag your feet on fixing big issues and people will go to the competition..

And that competition is growing VERY FAST !!

That new Xiaomi Su7 has got me interested after the lease on my X power is finished..
Xiaomi Su& - me too ! Not entirely sure where they got their design inspiration from !!

1712498791249.png

Xiaomi Su& - me too ! Not entirely sure where they got their design inspiration from !!

View attachment 25515
china my friend masters of mass production and the masters of ripping off every other car maker..
That said though whats the price tag on that porsche over the Xiaomi ??

Im well aware that i will never have the money to buy a porsche BUT a Xiaomi that looks basically the same different story so why not :)

Im going to upset owners of very expensive cars by saying this .. eg: porsche lambo and ferrari etc etc..

Do they realize there paying ALL that money to show people they have alot of money so its a statis thing not practical thing ..

unless in germany on autobahn you can only legally do the speed limit !!

Changeorg have a petition started to request MG to fix the issue of the vibration issue for the MG4 Xpower.

The more noise around the issue, the better likelihood of a quicker resolution.

I have just bought a new MG4 Xpower and will likely end up rejecting the car back to the dealer for a full refund, as the car is not fit for purpose in its current state.
That is the ONLY way guaranteed to get their attention.

View attachment 25515
Who cares thats a good looking car :)

MG contacted my dealer after I have complained to MG, which means nothing yet. My guess from what they have said is an engine mount for the front motor. I suspect a retrofit for older cars and new design on the new cars. Anyone with a new one keen to share photos underneath.

MG contacted my dealer after I have complained to MG, which means nothing yet. My guess from what they have said is an engine mount for the front motor. I suspect a retrofit for older cars and new design on the new cars. Anyone with a new one keen to share photos underneath.
Im not sold on a engine mount ..

Engine mounts would suffer vibration from 0 to 100( 62mph ) and then above from what i noticed from the car i drove and have bought it was silky smooth up to 100km/h then slight vibrations/ drone though the steering wheel then after 120 say 130 140km/h on the freeway its silky smooth again.

Unless and a big IF .. the engine is vibrating at a certain frequency at 100kmh to 120kmh and the engine mount is not soaking that vibration up which still puts it squarely ( in my opinion ) as a motor issue !!

like drive shafts which has been thrown around a bit too they dont balance them selves after a certain speed so ( by my understanding ) if a drive shaft is out of balance it will keep getting worse and worse as the car speeds up..

And in this case ( well with the car i drove ) this didnt happen

I had a stone caught between my rim and tyre once ( long time ago not sure how that happened now ) which obviously put the wheel out of balance the faster i went the more the car and steering wheel shook dug the stone out issue gone ..

_
Im not sold on a engine mount ..

Engine mounts would suffer vibration from 0 to 100( 62mph ) and then above from what i noticed from the car i drove and have bought it was silky smooth up to 100km/h then slight vibrations/ drone though the steering wheel then after 120 say 130 140km/h on the freeway its silky smooth again.

Unless and a big IF .. the engine is vibrating at a certain frequency at 100kmh to 120kmh and the engine mount is not soaking that vibration up which still puts it squarely ( in my opinion ) as a motor issue !!

like drive shafts which has been thrown around a bit too they dont balance them selves after a certain speed so ( by my understanding ) if a drive shaft is out of balance it will keep getting worse and worse as the car speeds up..

And in this case ( well with the car i drove ) this didnt happen

I had a stone caught between my rim and tyre once ( long time ago not sure how that happened now ) which obviously put the wheel out of balance the faster i went the more the car and steering wheel shook dug the stone out issue gone ..
Electric motor is single speed. So its like one big wheel in the middle. My guess is after some time the engine mounts soften up a tad, which makes sense with reports of it fading a bit after 5k or so. High tyre pressure perhaps helps send some of the vibration to the ground, rather than the chassis ?

My Xpower I paid new £32,000, but they are now £30,800 for a new 24 plate from this month, any colour, that’s with the MG Affinity program & dealer discount, which anyone can take up, you just pay £50 to join the MG owners club and then you qualify, if you are not a fireman, police man, nurse, teacher etc… or have one of these in the family, who can sign you up to qualify for the program.

Here is a link to the program

It means the second hand value will not be that great going forwards, not great if you paid full or near top $ for the car in last 6 months or so. Auto trader has a Xpower 23 plate from a dealer with 3000 miles for just over £25k now, so if the dealer is selling for this price, what will they be buy at, not much past £20K I guess?

Anyone that got an Xpower within the last 6 months and they have the vibration issue and it’s not been fixed, then you are legally able to reject the car back to the dealer. I think it’s not as straightforward as the first 30 days, but might be an option for some.

I guess depreciation is the nature of the beast, but it’s a bit excessive at the moment and the Xpower is getting hit the most out of the line up of the MG4 variants.

My Xpower I paid new £32,000, but they are now £30,800 for a new 24 plate from this month, any colour, that’s with the MG Affinity program & dealer discount, which anyone can take up, you just pay £50 to join the MG owners club and then you qualify, if you are not a fireman, police man, nurse, teacher etc… or have one of these in the family, who can sign you up to qualify for the program.

Here is a link to the program

It means the second hand value will not be that great going forwards, not great if you paid full or near top $ for the car in last 6 months or so. Auto trader has a Xpower 23 plate from a dealer with 3000 miles for just over £25k now, so if the dealer is selling for this price, what will they be buy at, not much past £20K I guess?

Anyone that got an Xpower within the last 6 months and they have the vibration issue and it’s not been fixed, then you are legally able to reject the car back to the dealer. I think it’s not as straightforward as the first 30 days, but might be an option for some.

I guess depreciation is the nature of the beast, but it’s a bit excessive at the moment and the Xpower is getting hit the most out of the line up of the MG4 variants.
Top end models of a particular range have always been hit the hardest, obviously you pay more, you lose more, simple's. But as quoted above £30.800 for a Brand New X Power is fantastic value. If your really that worried about depreciation don't get a new or nearly new car, simple's. But if your want a bit of excitement and a really fast, decent handling motor, for what still is a fantastic price then get an X Power, simple's. Don't worry about depreciation, you can't do absolutely nowt about it. Just get the car, and Bl00dy enjoy it. Life really is to short. End of sermon. 🙏🙂👍

A personal lease (or salary sacrifice through work) is probably the best option financially at the moment for getting into a new Xpower IMHO.
Or a personal lease, monthly prices have come down a lot since I signed up last year. To be honest having now leased my last two cars, I would not take out a pcp etc ever again. However it is up to a persons individual circumstances and preferences.

Agree, to a certain extent, but no good if you like to do a bit of tinkering with the car.
😉🙂👍
Agree if thats your thing, which it used to be for me, just happy to add a few accessories these days to personalise. Thats why I did the covers in black plasti dip so could easily return to stock.

Yes, agreed, not much good if you want to do any modding 😁😉.

Probaly best get secondhand in that case .... is that what your're going to do ?
Used or to be honest, the price quoted above (£30,800) for a brand spanking new one, built after Nov 2023 that touch wood, could be totally vibration free, is also very tempting. Would never lease one, or PCP. That's just my choice. 🙂👍

I just rejected my March 2024 Xpower back to the dealer, came off the boat a couple weeks before I picked it up, it was quite bad with the vibrations. Dealer said one of the worst yet. There is no fix for any Xpower currently brand new or older the dealer said. As long as you don’t go over 60mph, you are good.

I just rejected my March 2024 Xpower back to the dealer, came off the boat a couple weeks before I picked it up, it was quite bad with the vibrations. Dealer said one of the worst yet. There is no fix for any Xpower currently brand new or older the dealer said. As long as you don’t go over 60mph, you are good.
March 2024 is the build date?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom