VIBRATION ISSUE - hot off the press!

Morning all,
Took delivery this morning, asked the guy who dropped it off, no vibrations when going over 60, he drove from Darlington to York then York to Beverley, 100 miles ish.
I’ve driven it briefly to work and had no issues.
Will update again this evening when I’ve had a proper drive in it. Just so I’m clear, what vibration am I looking for, steering wheel etc?
Thanks

It's all in here if you've got time to read it.

No this is a new kit, mine has dampener kit already.
That's good to hear, as mine arrived this morning and she's got the vibes. Nothing terrible and I can only notice it really on motorway.. but it's there. Tusker so no idea of build date, but sticker on parcel shelf reads Nov 23.

Not enough to put me off though, have just been playing round a few lanes where it's not an issue :D

That's good to hear, as mine arrived this morning and she's got the vibes. Nothing terrible and I can only notice it really on motorway.. but it's there. Tusker so no idea of build date, but sticker on parcel shelf reads Nov 23.

Not enough to put me off though, have just been playing round a few lanes where it's not an issue :D
I'm retracting this statement now :D I've been all over this weekend driving mainly on motorways and very minor vibes. Might have just been a terrible piece of road and me being worried about it. Long may it continue!

Ive clocked nearly 10,000km now on the odo. Just did a big road trip - vibration issue was only slight before, but now seems to be gone altogether. Not noticing any vibration at all now, even on really smooth motorways. I do have the steering damper fitted, and I did recently pump up the tires a little. But im wondering if its simply gotten better with a few more kms on the odo 🤷

We've had are xpower for a couple of weeks and done 300 miles it had slight vibration but now seems to have gone
That's really good to hear.

We did nearly 300 miles before handing back to the dealer as it was still consistently terrible with the vibration. Still waiting locked in a battle for replacement, nearly a month after buying the car.

Enjoy the car!

That's really good to hear.

We did nearly 300 miles before handing back to the dealer as it was still consistently terrible with the vibration. Still waiting locked in a battle for replacement, nearly a month after buying the car.

Enjoy the car!
MG dealers now hiring the best of estate agents :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy on FB posted this...could he be on to something?
Screenshot_20240425_185857_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find m8 and easier to take them off completely for a quick test I reckon.

Still can't really get my head around why adding 3 psi to my tyres all round has basically eliminated the vibe issue I had though?

I struggle to believe for a second that something with the mass of the caliper covers could cause the level of vibration being talked about by some people.

On that note, I've had my Xpower since Monday and I'm not entirely sure if I have the vibration issue under discussion here or not. I do feel a very very slight vibration, but it's at a lower speed than seems to be occurring for everybody else. It's nearer 55 - 60 mph, but also sometimes under acceleration. If it wasn't for all the forum talk I would possibly not have noticed at first and put it down to normal road vibrations. It may be nothing, it may be a genuine wheel imbalance in my case (seeing as they don't seem to be great from the factory in general), or it may be a mild case of the general issue. Either way, it's so slight for me that its not even in the 'mildly annoying' category.

I don't know which date format that use on the CoC, but for general info mine is shown as being manufactured on 11/12/2023.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom