Vibration on MG ZS EV whilst plugged in

Keskinta

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have been driving MG ZS EV for couple of months now, as I do not have a drive way in front of my house I am using Polar network to charge my MG. Couple of times this happened now when I plug in the car after around 5 minutes the car vibrates, is this common thing with MGs ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_215021.jpg
    IMG_20200623_215021.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 211
Hello guys,

I have been driving MG ZS EV for couple of months now, as I do not have a drive way in front of my house I am using Polar network to charge my MG. Couple of times this happened now when I plug in the car after around 5 minutes the car vibrates, is this common thing with MGs ?
It will make a connection noise, not sure about actually vibrating.

I would describe the noise as "clicking" as the relays make contact....I usually watch the screen ( through the window) as I press the door lock button and confirm the charging has started immediately after the clicking stops. It also tells you how much power it needs to put in.

My PHEV does similar.......if you think about it, there are some heavy duty connections being made.??

Could it be the active battery cooling kicking in when fast charging in this heat? IE: fan, pumps and A/C compressor.

Hello guys,

Hi Keskinta
As Kev mentioned above I also believe what your experiencing is the battery temperature cooling/heating system kicking in to either cool or heat the battery. This would be as far as my experience tells me the only thing that you may hear or feel vibrating. Which would the the coolant pump.
This system operates so the battery is charged with the cells at the optimum temperature.
This will be more noticeable on hot or cold days.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom