Video doing the rounds to update climate control

Nick Dyson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,
I wondered if you had seen the video on how to update your ir conditioning control to a climate control reading so you can set an actual temperature.
I attach it if I can
I wondered if anyone had tried it and how they went on
I’m very tempted but scared of messing up something and causing problems down the line
I have an excite and it would appear to improve the climate control function very simply and easily
Any observations

Hi all,
I wondered if you had seen the video on how to update your ir conditioning control to a climate control reading so you can set an actual temperature.
I attach it if I can
I wondered if anyone had tried it and how they went on
I’m very tempted but scared of messing up something and causing problems down the line
I have an excite and it would appear to improve the climate control function very simply and easily
Any observations
Is this the video you are thinking about ?.

I just find it strange that options like this are not just written into the manual really ?.
Are they intended for dealer interface only ?.
Mind you, that being the case they probably don’t know about it either 🤣.

That menu looks like it’s software config foot attached hardware.
I would be interested to hear if this is actually working as auto climate control or if it just looks like it is. Just because you have told the head unit that it can do this doesn’t necessarily mean that the required hardware (cabin temp sensors) actually exist in the car to allow it to function properly. It might just continually heat/cool.

That menu looks like it’s software config foot attached hardware.
I would be interested to hear if this is actually working as auto climate control or if it just looks like it is. Just because you have told the head unit that it can do this doesn’t necessarily mean that the required hardware (cabin temp sensors) actually exist in the car to allow it to function properly. It might just continually heat/cool.
I agree.
I would be extremely surprised if the manual A/C started reacting like a Climate Control unit, after simply applying this feature onto the screen ???.
My feeling is, it merely places the digital readout on the screen.
Which IS an improvement and handy to have, but I don’t think it turns the unit into a climate control unit 😒.
If it was that simple, the feature would already be there surely as a good selling point of the car ???.

Pretty sure this doesn’t change anything other than the display. It does not activate air on to cool the cabin. Each notch on the knob displays a temp so two notches in to the blue zone was 21C I think, it was 13C outside with little sun and no heat. Heat started on one notch into the red as it always does with an internal temp of 24C on the display. have set it back to ETC in the secret menu

I have made this adjustment and appears to work just fine. The only thing is there is no indication when the heater is engaged
ie colour to red would be helpful.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom