Voice to call a person brings up wrong contacts

DaveTiffTaylor

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I consider myself to be quite technical, I am an electronics & software engineer.

When I 1st got my new ZS EV back in april 2023 everything work fine, asked MG to call "Dave" and it would either call Dave or bring up choices, if there was more than one Dave. but one day I deleted some people from my contacts and since then it either rings the wrong person of brings up the wrong choices of people to ring.

Its not random, if I now ask to ring Dave, it will bring up the same wrong people every time.

If I add or delete a contact it would then bring up a different set of people every time.

In software terms its like an index, it know who I want to call but it brings up the very original entry no 30 & 31, but 30 & 31 have changed because I have added some.

I have tried all the usual, deleting my phone, pairing another phone, reset of the display, ringing the dealer, renaming my phone and repairing, yes I have the option ticked to Synchronise contacts.

Very annoying as I have seen it working.

Any ideas?

There might be some disparity between the car's stored data and the phone's. Have you tried resetting the infotainment unit? (Hold down the physical home button until the screen reboots.)

There might be some disparity between the car's stored data and the phone's. Have you tried resetting the infotainment unit? (Hold down the physical home button until the screen reboots.)
Yes tried that, If I ask to call "Dave" the name "Dave Taylor" comes up in the top of the screen, but not the 1,2,3 named options at the bottom

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom