Volvo EX30 launched

Why would you suggest that.

Why wouldn’t I?
Very obvious different manufacturers use different components and will have different build techniques and requirements (panel gap measurements etc)
Volvo will have more rigorous requirements than MG, 100%
Panel gaps in the 4 are bad, as is some of the finishing (Seat stitching etc)

Why would you suggest that.
Volvo are definitely on another level in terms of quality than MG, with that comes a different level of expectation from the customer, both in terms of the quality of the car itself and the after sales provided

Why wouldn’t I?
Very obvious different manufacturers use different components and will have different build techniques and requirements (panel gap measurements etc)
Panel gaps in the 4 are bad, as is some of the finishing (Seat stitching etc)
For now the MG brand is the poor man’s EV. And I’m a poor man, so a great marriage 👍🤣.

I say ‘for now’ as once the Chinese have wiped out the western car manufactures they will up their prices as with BYD in Australia. The end is near!!

I think it looks like a great car, yes it's a bit more than the MG but IMO the quality is a million times better in all areas both software and build. You won't get the 10s of software issues we get on the MG4. Its dealer support network is also better.

If we were buying again... it would be a very tough call. I suspect we would look to go for it as I suspect it will also retain value better as well due to the brand. Yes we might loose the 360 camera etc but I think its a better overall package.

They have certainly made a car at a very interesting price point. It really makes you think that the 40K astra is well over priced.

Why wouldn’t I?
Panel gaps in the 4 are bad, as is some of the finishing (Seat stitching no

I think it looks like a great car, yes it's a bit more than the MG but IMO the quality is a million times better in all areas both software and build. You won't get the 10s of software issues we get on the MG4. Its dealer support network is also better.

If we were buying again... it would be a very tough call. I suspect we would look to go for it as I suspect it will also retain value better as well due to the brand. Yes we might loose the 360 camera etc but I think its a better overall package.

They have certainly made a car at a very interesting price point. It really makes you think that the 40K astra is well over priced.
All cars, EV or not have problems, even Volvos, I'm sure if you do a quick search for Volvo EV problems you will find plenty, for example...

No panel gaps or dodgy stitching in my ZS EV.

Ok, but do you think it’s as well built as a Volvo?
For the record, one 4 owner was bragging about getting the latest interior scheme in his car without asking, I immediately spotted this.
It’s shoddy.
IMG_4541.png

This place makes me laugh the MG4 is a good car, the two SE's are both great value for money, as I've said many a time.

Let's not get carried away though, MG are not anywhere close to Volvo in terms of quality.

It's like the member who was bragging that his mg4 "smoked a Tesla M3" from the lights!

We can all smoke a car from the lights if the other person doesn't put there foot down.
If it was a proper race the 4 would be left for dead by even the SR M3.

It's good that people are enjoying there cars but let's try and keep a bit of perspective

This place makes me laugh the MG4 is a good car, the two SE's are both great value for money, as I've said many a time.

Let's not get carried away though, MG are not anywhere close to Volvo in terms of quality.

It's like the member who was bragging that his mg4 "smoked a Tesla M3" from the lights!

We can all smoke a car from the lights if the other person doesn't put there foot down.
If it was a proper race the 4 would be left for dead by even the SR M3.

It's good that people are enjoying there cars but let's try and keep a bit of perspective
Mine is

It's really not.

EV Volvos safety kit is class leading, as proved by the EX30
Most of their cars come with Harman Kardon stereos
Their cabins are far better both in terms of design and materials
The seats are far better
The wheels are better
The paint is far better than mgs notoriously soft paint and questionable rust protection
The software is Google, MGs doesn't even get close

I could go on, the thing is it doesn't matter As I said it's good that people like their cars but a Volvo is in a completely different league in terms of quality and the both occupy different places in the market.

MG is a budget brand, Volvo is premium

Up until the EX30 MGs were probably better value for money and probably a better package in terms of bang for buck.

They still aren't a better quality car

It's really not.

EV Volvos safety kit is class leading, as proved by the EX30
Most of their cars come with Harman Kardon stereos
Their cabins are far better both in terms of design and materials
The seats are far better
The wheels are better
The paint is far better than mgs notoriously soft paint and questionable rust protection
The software is Google, MGs doesn't even get close

I could go on, the thing is it doesn't matter As I said it's good that people like their cars but a Volvo is in a completely different league in terms of quality and the both occupy different places in the market.

MG is a budget brand, Volvo is premium

Up until the EX30 MGs were probably better value for money and probably a better package in terms of bang for buck.

They still aren't a better quality car
Mine is.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom