Wallbox Charger

terrybailey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am doing my first home charge using a wallbox charge unit. I have not loaded the app before starting charge the charge seems to be going ok.
Does the charge cable get locked during charge if so how do i stop charge? How long will it run until it stops itself.
Anyone any ideas?

Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

Hi Terry, what app? Which charger? Need more info. The cable is locked when the car is charging. It will fully charge your car unless you stop it. On some cars unlocking the car stops charging.

its a wallbox Pulsar Plus.
I have just been outside the SOC is at 93% and says 50Mins left to full charge. I cannot release charge cable but I assume it will release when the charge is complete.
I will Have to set the app up before another charge as there is a release button in the app. Did not think about how to release cable. I know there is a rlease mechanism under the bonnet cover but don't want to resort to that
Thanks for your response I am a novice user of electric vehicles. I am very impressed with MG 5 so far look well built and very good on road.
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

Hi All
thanks for responses.
The charge went to 100% and 214 Miles and stopped. I can put my bit in on the locking or none locking of the mg5 to charge Mine definitely continued charging wether the doors were locked or unlocked. It also ran the the heater and radio while I sat inside.
So don't understand the Definitive statement from MG.ref locking & unlocking from MG5 Support
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

its a wallbox Pulsar Plus.
I have just been outside the SOC is at 93% and says 50Mins left to full charge. I cannot release charge cable but I assume it will release when the charge is complete.
I will Have to set the app up before another charge as there is a release button in the app. Did not think about how to release cable. I know there is a rlease mechanism under the bonnet cover but don't want to resort to that
Thanks for your response I am a novice user of electric vehicles. I am very impressed with MG 5 so far look well built and very good on road.
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey
I have same charger, the cable will release when you unlock your car or switch off the charger with the pause / stop button on your app. The app will tell you how long it has been plugged in and how much kWh is being used to charge, it will generally charge at 6.65kwh to start with and remain at that wavelength for the most part of the charge progressively getting less towards full charge, it will eventually go down to 0.37kwh on the balance charge for the last part of the full charge, it will give you the state of charge and how much power you have taken on. It is a simple and easy charger to use, everything is fairly straight forward

Terry,
The 'standard' if there is one, is to release the charge cable from the car, you have to press the door unlock button on your key fob at least once sometimes twice.
If the car is locked then it is twice, first unlocks the car the second press releases the plug.
If you take advantage of the free charging at Tesco via Pod Point you can unplug from the Pod Point at any time but the car will only release your cable when you press the unlock on the key fob, once or twice.
Stay safe
Ian

I have same charger, the cable will release when you unlock your car or switch off the charger with the pause / stop button on your app. The app will tell you how long it has been plugged in and how much kWh is being used to charge, it will generally charge at 6.65kwh to start with and remain at that wavelength for the most part of the charge progressively getting less towards full charge, it will eventually go down to 0.37kwh on the balance charge for the last part of the full charge, it will give you the state of charge and how much power you have taken on. It is a simple and easy charger to use, everything is fairly straight forward
HI
Thanks for reply I did not try unlock button twice will see if that works next time I charge.
Kind regards
Terry Bailey

Terry,
The 'standard' if there is one, is to release the charge cable from the car, you have to press the door unlock button on your key fob at least once sometimes twice.
If the car is locked then it is twice, first unlocks the car the second press releases the plug.
If you take advantage of the free charging at Tesco via Pod Point you can unplug from the Pod Point at any time but the car will only release your cable when you press the unlock on the key fob, once or twice.
Stay safe
Ian
Hi Ian
thanks for reply I have not tried to press unlock button twice will try at next charge
Kind regards & stay Safe
Terry

Hi Terry. Are you happy with your Wallbox Pulser Plus? I have just placed the order (£499 incl VAT, Instalation and Grant) (£849-£350 = £499)
Is scheduled charging working well for you?
Any tips / tricks or regrets etc. Please share your thoughts

Hi drjat
The charger has worked ok only tried one charge so far without using timer.
It worked fine and gave me a 100% charge overnight I will be trying timed charge next time I charge
The chrger look ok and is well made
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom