Wallbox Pulsar Plus and Oct' Intelligent

Anyone using a Wallbox Pulsar MAX with Octopus Intelligent Go ? (MAX is the model Octopus promotes for installs but not on their list of integrations...go figure).
EDIT UPDATE: Wallbox Pulsar MAX is now supported ! (still can't get IOG to work !)

Last edited:
Anyone on the BETA testing with Octopus and a wallbox Pulsar plus with Intelligent?

I believe they are doing some BETA testing with the wallbox, but from what I've read MG's arent compatible as they do not report the state of charge back to the charger.

Any feeback ?
I am using octopus Intelligent, but it has taking me many weeks complaining, but eventually connected. I wont be using their OCPP, I’m just using the 6 hours 7p per kwh, controlling when I charge. I have solar panels so often charge for free, something you can’t do using Octopus OCPP.

I am using octopus Intelligent, but it has taking me many weeks complaining, but eventually connected. I wont be using their OCPP, I’m just using the 6 hours 7p per kwh, controlling when I charge. I have solar panels so often charge for free, something you can’t do using Octopus OCPP.
Sorry yes I have Wallbox Plusar

Octopus say they monitor use so if they don't see a smart charge may remove you from IOG.

Octopus say they monitor use so if they don't see a smart charge may remove you from IOG.
I have IOG, if I plug my car in early in the evening, it always start my charge from 22:30 as opposed to the usual 23:30 - 05:30 off peak time slot.
Do you find yours starts at 22:30?

I have IOG, if I plug my car in early in the evening, it always start my charge from 22:30 as opposed to the usual 23:30 - 05:30 off peak time slot.
Do you find yours starts at 22:30?
The clocks went back, is yours correct.

No, it starts charging @22:30 before clock went back, I take it yours do not start early then?
Mine is OK but isn't a wallbox, it was just a suggestion to check.

Now the Wallbox Pulsar MAX is supported i thought i'd give the upgrade to IOG a go. Made sure the Wallbox had all schedules deleted and unlocked, plugged into MG4 with no locks.
It says "OCPP Connected" but when it tries a test charge (seemingly a final10 min process) it eventually fails with a "test started but unable to complete" kind of message and listing a bunch of possible reasons, none of which i could say i was knowingly contravening.
Anyone got any pointers or suggestions to help ? probably something blindingly obvious as it does seem to be failing at the last hurdle !

UPDATE: Eventually i have IOG working ! Waited for updated Octopus and Wallbox apps and charger OS update all in quick succession. Started first charge at 11pm, Smartmeter applied the peak rate but i know the meters can often lag in getting updated with new pricing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom