Driving
MG ZS EV
20230707_105420[1].jpg
20230707_105423[1].jpg
20230707_105425[1].jpg
20230707_105845[1].jpg
20230707_105835[1].jpg

HI IVE JUST JOINED AND LOOKING FOR ANY INFO REGARDING THIS
CAR IS 21 PLATE EV AND THIS MORNING ALL THESE WARNING LIGHTS APPEARED AND WHEN I TURNED OFF AND WAITED FOR A WHILE AND TURNED ON THE CAR AGAIN THERE WAS NOTHING ??
IM JUST WONDERING IF THIS IS A COMMON FAULT WITH MG ZS EV SHOULD I BE WORRIED CAR IS BOOKED IN NEXT WEEK FOR SERVICE LUCKILY I TOOK PHOTOS SHOWING THIS CAUSE DEALERSHIP WILL SAY NOTHING WRONG ????
ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER MUCH APPRECAITED

I don't know about the ZS but the 4 will throw up a number of spurious warnings if you try to drive it before it has completed it fault checks, other times it seems to just let you go. I think there are some initialisation bugs in the software, just like I could in my COBOL programming days.

I don't know about the ZS but the 4 will throw up a number of spurious warnings if you try to drive it before it has completed it fault checks, other times it seems to just let you go. I think there are some initialisation bugs in the software, just like I could in my COBOL programming days.
CHEERS BUD HOPEFULLY WONT HAPPEN AGAIN AND WILL TAKE TIME TO START UP

I have just moved my car after charging overnight and have various warning lights come up. Front collision yellow one, and red car with exclamation mark. Also my parking sensors weren't working, a huge problem as I have to tuck my ZS into the tiniest spot to charge. Do we think they will correct themselves or will I have to take it in?

I would always say - switch off, and on again, keeping your foot hard on the brake until fully booted up. If you still have warning lights showing, speak to your dealership. Sometimes it can be a rushed start-up.

I would always say - switch off, and on again, keeping your foot hard on the brake until fully booted up. If you still have warning lights showing, speak to your dealership. Sometimes it can be a rushed start-up.
If you rush the start up process on the ZS EV the car will complain badly o_O .
DO NOT release your foot from the foot brake OR touch the gear selector until AFTER you have received the green READY light and confirmation "bong" tone.

View attachment 18828View attachment 18829View attachment 18830View attachment 18833View attachment 18834

HI IVE JUST JOINED AND LOOKING FOR ANY INFO REGARDING THIS
CAR IS 21 PLATE EV AND THIS MORNING ALL THESE WARNING LIGHTS APPEARED AND WHEN I TURNED OFF AND WAITED FOR A WHILE AND TURNED ON THE CAR AGAIN THERE WAS NOTHING ??
IM JUST WONDERING IF THIS IS A COMMON FAULT WITH MG ZS EV SHOULD I BE WORRIED CAR IS BOOKED IN NEXT WEEK FOR SERVICE LUCKILY I TOOK PHOTOS SHOWING THIS CAUSE DEALERSHIP WILL SAY NOTHING WRONG ????
ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER MUCH APPRECAITED
Stop shouting.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom