Warning Sign ⚠️

KenD

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have the warming side most of time. What's for?

Attachments

• IMG20230312143626.jpg
    IMG20230312143626.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 1,419
The sign is there all the time. I took the photo when I arrive home and open the door.
Also how to get rid of the SOS on the top right?

Attachments

• IMG20230312153300.jpg
    IMG20230312153300.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 351
The sign was there when the battery is over 50%. I will try to charge the car to see if the sign disappears

I have something similar today. It was due to the auto hold not working and having a fault. Went away when I stopped and parked up for a while.

There's no message in the MG ismart app. Not sure where else the message center is.
When I reboot by holding down the home button. There are two messages shown but went very quickly. I might try reboot it again later.
I am charging the car with rapid charger. It is 67% now, the warming sign ⚠️ still here.

There is SOS phone like it in the manual. My car is SE. Is the SOS not available?

There are 2 messages when rebooting, eCall and autohold fault, consult handbook. I can't find anything helpful from the handbook.

Attachments

• IMG20230312172114.jpg
    IMG20230312172114.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 287
I get the same faults showing sos phone ephone then the auto hold doesn’t work. Intermittent fault not every time. Logged with dealer to be looked at when it goes in for other things

After visited the garage 3 times, I am to;d that they have done all the tests suggested by MG. They have requested a replacement of the ecall module and waiting for MG approval.

They said that they have update the software. Only thing I found so far is that the outside temperature doesn't display anymore. Anyone has problem with no show of outside temperature?

Missing outside temperature is a fault in version R16 of the infotainment system and has been reported by many others.

Photo attached

Missing outside temperature is a fault in version R16 of the infotainment system and has been reported by many others.
Really? it is bad. I sent the photo to the garage as well.
Hope there aren't others problems introduced.
Thanks for quick reply.

Attachments

• mmexport1687040356711.jpg
    mmexport1687040356711.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 232
Hmmm maybe I am on r16 because I have never had an outside temperature show and wondered why not as I must have a sensor because the app uses it!

Back on topic I’m sure that the ⚠️ is just due to the sos error. When I randomly lost service for the sos call I had it showing also. Went when sos service resumed.

Message senter.
Push middle button right side on stering wheel to activate controll over right side instrument section.
Use right joystic sideways to you get to the menu with a shield over it.
Scroll up or down to see if there are one or more messages.
This is also the way you controll trip meter, see the tyrepreassure, se navigation etc.

The autohold fault normaly come from the operator pressing the brake pedal to soon before the big screen is started up (I was experience this all the time until I learned to wait a bit before pressing the brake pedal to make the car ready.

Fix that always work is to lock and leave the car (some meters away so the key is out of reach) and wate a bit, then it should be ok when you come back.

Finally the sos module is replaced. There's no warning ⚠️ for a whole day 🤞.
They said the same about no outside temperature display, due to the software update. Hope the next update will fix it.
Not sure if there's QA in MG software release process, it sounds like a silly mistake or they have to disable outside temperature display to make other things to work...

I'm going for "silly mistake".

I still have the outside temperature display and I hardly ever get the auto-hold fault. Didn't get it for ages, then got it once over a week ago. Ignored it and drove home with no auto-hold, and next time I drove the car it was all back to normal.

I've also pressed the brake pedal almost as soon as I've got into the car, lots of times, and no auto-hold fault. So it's not as simple as that.

So it's not as simple as that.

I agree.

Unfortunately, the technology is a bit flaky at the moment, and like any new platform there will be 'bugs' and weaknesses. Sometimes when one problem is addressed, there are unintended consequences and something else goes belly up! I had similar and strange issues with my Renault Zoe Mk1 in 2015 and 16, but by the time I part-exchanged it for the latest model of Zoe in 2021, the technology was good and worked with no perceptible issues.

I am confident that the niggles many of us are experiencing will be sorted at some point, but for anyone with little or no patience, perhaps not the car model for them at the moment!

Incidentally, I love the car and niggles aside, it is perfect for me and my lifestyle. :)

Finally the sos module is replaced. There's no warning ⚠️ for a whole day 🤞.
They said the same about no outside temperature display, due to the software update. Hope the next update will fix it.
Not sure if there's QA in MG software release process, it sounds like a silly mistake or they have to disable outside temperature display to make other things to work...
Hello friends
In Spain .. the same eCall failure . Only was replaced the eCall ??? Or the eSIM ????

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back