Warning to "Slow down"

flapajack

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have had my MG4 Trophy for just over 2 months now and love it. However, this has just recently popped up on my dash screen which is very perplexing. It appears to be a symbol showing a "foot on a pedal" in a (brake?) circle. This pops up when the car is just moving off so very confusing as the speed was probably no more than 10-15mph. Admittedly, I have set the over-speed warning on recently so this could be the cause but at 10-15mph?

Does anyone had any idea what it is? The car drives fine otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_20240328_124223.jpg
    IMG_20240328_124223.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 151
Btw please don’t hold the phone while driving. It can be interpreted as a driving offence. I know you were simply taking a picture but anyone else might think you are on the phone.

Or it could have been the passenger taking the photo. The OP doesn't say that they took it. ;)

I have had my MG4 Trophy for just over 2 months now and love it. However, this has just recently popped up on my dash screen which is very perplexing. It appears to be a symbol showing a "foot on a pedal" in a (brake?) circle. This pops up when the car is just moving off so very confusing as the speed was probably no more than 10-15mph. Admittedly, I have set the over-speed warning on recently so this could be the cause but at 10-15mph?

Does anyone had any idea what it is? The car drives fine otherwise.
someone else on this forum posted this:

If you scroll right on the screen behind the wheel you will see one of the settings is the speed alarm, just increase that to like 110mph... that is what did the trick for me.

You're right. Is was the over-speed limit setting. I thought the setting means warning if you're over the speed limit by that amount but it is actually the absolute speed that the warning was set for. Now switched off and problem solved.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel