• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Water in footwell

shawncullen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All - I have the EV coming mid-November so decided to join the forum to have a look around. It's been really useful and enlightening reading all the threads so thank you all for that. Also been checking out reviews / videos on YouTube. Came across this one today. Anyone else had any issues? Sounds alarming! Water in Footwell Video

Hope to be part of this forum in the years to come.

Thanks

Shawn

Hi @shawncullen and welcome. :)

I've come across this issue twice before, I've posted a few suggestions on the video. (door drain plugs or sunroof drain). Hopefully its an easy fix, but yes I would be shocked if this happened to me.

Hope your wait goes quickly.

Had exactly the same on my last car - Mazda MPV. It was the sunroof drain channels so I suspect the same here.

As already said, this is almost certainly a sunroof drain channel come off. Probably not pushed on adequately at the factory. Once its rectified, the seats and carpets will have to come out to dry the car out properly, a real pain in the posterior!

If you look in the corners of the plastic wiper mechanism/plenum chamber cover you will see a black rubber tube poking through. These are the drains so to check they haven’t come adrift poor water around the roof opening channels and check it runs out of these pipes. No water means it’s going somewhere else.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom