Water leakage

xcyber

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Anyone have this problem with water leakage on the MG4? Perhaps I need to drill a drainage hole in the bottom of the car when I got it.. It rains a lot i Norway :unsure:

He said he had the door open a little and the windscreen wipers came on before he had touched the brake. I wonder if he had left his wipers on the last time he got out of the car.

I like this guys videos but this one I think he has got quite wrong in my opinion and here’s why.

I saw this yesterday and for me it’s a driver error, what I mean by that is when he got out of the car and locked it the wipers where still switched on probably stopped but in the intermittent mode. I will lay money on it as my wife as done the very same with her MG4

So when he got back into the car and sat on the seat which in affect turns the car on but does not put it in ready mode until you press the brake, but because the car turns on when you sit in the lights and wipers radio etc will all work from the 12 volt battery like any other car does but in other cars you would only put the key in and switch on after you have shut the door in fact in the MG4 you don’t even need to sit on the drivers seat just pressing on it with your hand is enough to switch it on and if the wipers where left in the on position they will wipe and you may get wet like he did

Now in another thread on here called likes and dislikes on mg4 I said there in that thread the idea of no stop/ start button in the mg4 is a mistake in my opinion and not just for this issue.

Answer is Burl, be sure to turn everything off before you get out of the car and the wipers won’t wipe and you and the car will stay nice and dry on the inside.
Les

I must admit that I do prefer having a rear wiper.

I was correct first time - any forward speed less than 30 mph this morning and the rain was still lashing off the rear screen. ;)
I will be checking the local forecast to determine direction of said rain,

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel