keithab

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
On a trip to the NE from London and after a stop at a services I think I pressed the brake pedal to ready status before the main infotainment screen started up and I now have weird stuff going on. It’s like the main screen keeps trying to cycle onto the secondary settings screen and I have lost the icons up the right hand side of it. Got the nav to work from the screen but I have weird stuff going on with the cameras at junctions, no cameras when reversing and I think the steering wheel buttons are playing up too. Hopefully it corrects itself after a good nights 😴

This jumping screen issue has been mentioned before, but it's been quite some time since anyone last encountered it. I think the solution is to try and select DAB radio and this sorts things out. (Don't ask me why, I just recall that others who've had this issue found that this resolved it - at least temporarily).

The other option to try is to press and hold the physical Home button for 10+ seconds to reset the Infotainment screen.

This jumping screen issue has been mentioned before, but it's been quite some time since anyone last encountered it. I think the solution is to try and select DAB radio and this sorts things out. (Don't ask me why, I just recall that others who've had this issue found that this resolved it - at least temporarily).

The other option to try is to press and hold the physical Home button for 10+ seconds to reset the Infotainment screen.
Cheers will have a look at that. Funny enough the DAB radio went off before all of the shenanigans started

Well the reset didn’t work so I’m guess I’m stuck with minimum use of the vehicles features. Still drives and charges okay and is in normal mode. It’s a lease vehicle through Octopus EV so they will be getting a call when I get back after Christmas. 🤪

Well the reset didn’t work so I’m guess I’m stuck with minimum use of the vehicles features. Still drives and charges okay and is in normal mode. It’s a lease vehicle through Octopus EV so they will be getting a call when I get back after Christmas. 🤪
Changing DAB channels will fix this.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the 12V battery may work as a reset, although you'll need to reset the steering (full lock left and right) and the windows (all the way down and up). It has just got its knickers in a twist.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back