Brettus

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
IMG_6394.jpeg

IMG_6393.jpeg

No injuries other than my pride. Stupid set of circumstances with low lying sun, badly parked car and reaching for the sun visor 😖

MG Badge still looks ace M8 🤣

On a serious note, really glad your OK.

Must of been a hell of a shock.

"But for the grace of God go I"

Nearly had a similar incident in Low Sun/Wet roads a couple of weeks ago.

Here now, is where you find out how good your insurers are.

Take care Pal, chin up and all that.

I really hope it all gets sorted asap for you.

ALL THE BEST 👍

That will be straight to Copart, with a brandnew car on its way, I'm afraid. As its:-

a) An EV
b) less than 12months old
c) the NS wheel has been knocked back = Cat S

What happened to collision assist?

Sorry for delay, was getting the admin done. Good point on collision assist, maybe because I swerved it and ALMOST missed it it didn’t try to intervene.
Wishing I’d taken that gap insurance I was talking to my brother about last week 🤣
My renewal is gonna look like a phone number too.

Thats bad luck, winter sun and anything but a perfectly clean screen is a nightmare. At least youre OK and as others have said it's probably going to be a write off which in many ways is good news, it'll get sorted quicker.

Sorry for delay, was getting the admin done. Good point on collision assist, maybe because I swerved it and ALMOST missed it it didn’t try to intervene.
Wishing I’d taken that gap insurance I was talking to my brother about last week 🤣
My renewal is gonna look like a phone number too.
Gap insurance only kicks in after 12months, as its almost standard on insurance in that in the 1st 12 months they will give you a replacement car or the price you paid for it. About 20 years ago we had a MG stolen (11 month old), the insurance (Aviva) paid out within a week.

Oh man, that sucks! We recently had similar due to the Mrs pressing the wrong pedal and launching our trophy into a wall.

Our bodywork damage was very similar, or worse, but, as far as I know, no suspension damage. It isn't a write off and it's been 3 weeks since the repair was authorised.

So sorry to see that ... but thank goodness no one is hurt which is the main thing to take comfort from at this difficult time.

Hopefully your car will be written off and as said above most insurers will replace like for like within the first year.

Gutted for you mate - hope you get sorted quickly, you will have to keep us updated!

I had a scary moment on the motorway driving home yesterday - was heavy rain and was overtaking a lorry in the right lane (only about 65-70) and the spray literally covered my full windscreen for about 5 seconds and I could not see anything, even with the wipers on full. I think the LKA helped kept me in the lane until I passed it so I was thankful for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom