What are MG telling Us About Their Delivery/Track Software Update

DelBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just a new thread to see what are MG telling everyone about their Failed Car Delivery/Tracking software update, and does anyone know what is going on with this botched update and are people getting any deliveries of their cars?

My dealer is unsure of very much and just playing off the benefit of getting it registered in March, but will that happen in March or is it going to be later, I was informed my MG4 was at sea a month or so ago so I tracked ships across to the UK and all that had left China are now in the UK so I am assuming it is in the UK, but there the story ends.

Just a new thread to see what are MG telling everyone about their Failed Car Delivery/Tracking software update, and does anyone know what is going on with this botched update and are people getting any deliveries of their cars?

My dealer is unsure of very much and just playing off the benefit of getting it registered in March, but will that happen in March or is it going to be later, I was informed my MG4 was at sea a month or so ago so I tracked ships across to the UK and all that had left China are now in the UK so I am assuming it is in the UK, but there the story ends.
From docking at Portbury it takes between 3-5wk to reach the dealer, but interm's of MGs registration software I'm unsure.

My car sat at the dealers ready to be collected who knows when in March

20230218_135239.jpg
20230218_135229.jpg

So a lot of peeps have their car in the dealership, in the show room, other peeps looking around it, not too good that really!

But back to the original question, does anyone have any idea on the software that MG use to distribute and register cars, I'm assuming that it is now fixed as everyone is getting cars to dealerships and cars are going to be registered early March, or is this just a hope rather than reality

So a lot of peeps have their car in the dealership, in the show room, other peeps looking around it, not too good that really!

But back to the original question, does anyone have any idea on the software that MG use to distribute and register cars, I'm assuming that it is now fixed as everyone is getting cars to dealerships and cars are going to be registered early March, or is this just a hope rather than reality
IIRC, the dealer has to ask you for permission to show your car to other potential customers.

Just read this on another thread, hope it is true, but not too quick as I would like a 73 plate:

Just be for a visit to my MG dealership in Aberdeen, they are expecting the computers to be up & running on Wednesday this week 🤞,also said that there will be close on 12,000 car imported this month with the same to follow in March. Hopefully things get going then💁‍♂️
Ordered 26th Sep, still nothing from dealer!

Just read this on another thread, hope it is true, but not too quick as I would like a 73 plate:

Just be for a visit to my MG dealership in Aberdeen, they are expecting the computers to be up & running on Wednesday this week 🤞,also said that there will be close on 12,000 car imported this month with the same to follow in March. Hopefully things get going then💁‍♂️
Ordered 26th Sep, still nothing from dealer!
Have you prodded your dealer, or are you just waiting for them to remember you exist?

Just had an update from my dealership. Apparently the system will be up and running tomorrow. I won't be holding my breath mind you!

My car arrived at the dealership almost 2 weeks ago

Just been to dealer. They are hoping for system to be back up on Wednesday. They are having a rough time.

They’ve been kind enough to give us an HS Exclusive as a courtesy car, so thankful for that. Enjoyed driving it home. Maybe we should keep it and forgo the EV experience?

Interesting conversation about what the problem might be re. the system. Could it be to do with security and confidentiality protocols and who is responsible for that? That would make sense, as these things are not straightforward especially in these times of heightened surveillance and cyber warfare.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back