What can I get as a private sale for my ZS EV Exclusive?

OK. I feel less bad. In fact as we bought the EV thru a Ltd Co there was a substantial tax benefit as well; nevertheless I am being quoted £30995 for a 2022 Trophy + £695 for red paint and that's after the meagre govt grant. But I must have the range if I am to motor green to Belgium where the grandchildren are, and soon-ish Antwerp and other cities will say 'NO!' to ICE cars. The round trip to Antwerp costs £50 in petrol for the wife's Mini Cooper vs. abt £15 for electricity.

Attachments

• 74EF0A51-1127-43DC-99DA-149A8FD5F847.jpeg
    74EF0A51-1127-43DC-99DA-149A8FD5F847.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 104
Very little is the answer to this question 🤣.
Gov grant and a £1,500 contribution IF you take out the MG finance .
The Chorley group are adding a £500 discount offer and a type 2 cable and matts, if you order through them.
No infinity scheme on the face lift model ( as of yet ).

Very little is the answer to this question 🤣.
Gov grant and a £1,500 contribution IF you take out the MG finance .
The Chorley group are adding a £500 discount offer and a type 2 cable and matts, if you order through them.
No infinity scheme on the face lift model ( as of yet ).
Got a good deal from chorley mg for my zs exclusive. Against a Trophy.

I’m not sure about the sage wise… however. I would recommend 4 key things to consider/do before even approaching a dealer about deals (I’m assuming that you’ve confirmed the make and model of car is right for you and test driven).
1/set up an account on carwow and get offers - there are also other aggregate sites that will show discounted deals
2/set up an account on Autotrader and look at new advertised offers on there - save them to your garage.
3/join relevant forums and see what advice members have on purchase deals! Obviously if you qualify for special schemes these can be great value.
4/look at nearly new and pre-registered cars also
Finally once armed with your research phone or visit a few dealers and see if they can match/beat the offers. Do not be concerned about purchasing from a dealer not local to you - just go for the best deal. It is very much a national market now.
Bear in mind the market has changed dramatically and big discounts especially on EV’s are hard to come by at the moment.
There is of course no issue is coming to the conclusion that you will hang on as the deal you want is not around at the moment - for example the new ZS may well get improved discount deals next year (new models initially seldom get the best discounts).
Also if dealers need to make up their quota you will get a much better discount - timing here is key. Finally don’t forget to do your research on how much your existing car is worth. Check with sites like WBAC and Cazoo to see what they are offering plus Autotrader - you then have a much better idea what your cost to change is when discussing a deal. Oh and don’t let your heart rule your head!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom